Romney's Character

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Jaybird
Better Member

Romney's Character

Post by Jaybird »

Interesting story adds a little incite into the character of the man.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/search.asp - TRUE
Romney's True Character
You might not want Mitt Romney to win the Republican nomination, however I found this extremely interesting. It certainly helps draw a clear contrast between him and the current occupant of our White House.
Yep, character does matter, and what we have been hearing in the media recently has been quite shocking!
I thought you might like to see another side of one of the candidates. It appears there is more to the Bain Capital story than is currently being told. I hope this story below is informative.

Romney's character... This facet of Romney’s personality is not so subtle.

In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was.

Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York , and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter.

Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a house in New Jersey , where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day.

Romney’s former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter’s life, saying, “It was the most amazing thing, and I’ll never forget this to the day I die.”

So, here’s my epiphany: Mitt Romney simply can’t help himself. He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn’t do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that’s just how he’s wired.

Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy, Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar.

When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and would not use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts .

This is the kind of story that used to help form our nation’s heroes; now we seem to prefer listening to “Jon Stewart” ridicule most all our leaders. As for me, I still believe character really does matter.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Rommey's Character

Post by re3too »

Jaybird wrote: This is the kind of story that used to help form our nation’s heroes; now we seem to prefer listening to “Jon Stewart” ridicule most all our leaders. As for me, I still believe character really does matter.
Sad, isn't it? Folks would rather hear nasty chit or made up stuff! :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Thanks for that post Jaybird.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Wow, Jaybird I didn't know all of that.

...Wow
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”