GOOD JOB WITH RIGHT TO WORK INDIANA! NOW COME ON KY!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

GOOD JOB WITH RIGHT TO WORK INDIANA! NOW COME ON KY!

Post by E_ »

Indiana becomes 23rd "right-to-work" state
http://news.yahoo.com/indiana-poised-ap ... 10525.html
INDIANAPOLIS (Reuters) - Indiana became the 23rd state to pass anti-union "right-to-work" legislation on Wednesday and the first in the nation's manufacturing heartland, dealing a blow to organized labor by allowing workers to opt out of paying union dues.

Indiana's Republican governor Mitch Daniels signed the legislation into law immediately after it was given final approval in the state Senate, making Indiana the first state to adopt such a measure since Oklahoma did so a decade ago.

Daniels, governor since 2005 and a prominent spokesman for Republicans nationally, said he decided Indiana needed the controversial new law after several businesses decided to locate elsewhere.

"Seven years of evidence and experience ultimately demonstrated that Indiana did need a right-to-work law to capture jobs for which, despite our highly rated business climate, we are not currently being considered," he said in a statement after signing the bill.

Indiana is being closely watched by both major political parties in the presidential election debate over job creation and reviving the U.S. economy.

The Indiana state Senate vote of 28 to 22 was followed by calls of "shame, shame" from members of the public outside the chamber. Opponents of right-to-work call it "union busting" and say it will lower the wages of workers.
To see more click the link above.

I'll never forget in college having a chunk of my paycheck going to a gang uh I mean group that never did anything for me.

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Re: GOOD JOB WITH RIGHT TO WORK INDIANA! NOW COME ON KY!

Post by Islander_212 »

Hell, I have always been told KY was a Right to Work State.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”