Pipeline

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Pipeline

Post by E_ »

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Re: Pipeline

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

This is a major catastrophe in the making. Ten years from now, I'm gonna be even more pi$$ed off than right now, and the idiots that voted for this administration will be paying 8.00+ per gallon right next to me at the pump-- unless their benefit checks have new stipends/gas allowance in 10 yrs-- I hope they remember this day and kick themselves.
Something I've been browsing/shopping around the internet for is becoming real-- I'm going with a brand new Genuine Scooter w/2 yr warranty. Made in the USA., or at least it's manufactured here, and mechanics will gladly work on it. 80+ mpg, go anywhere but on the interstate. I'm seriously also considering a couple of kayaks, keeping my gas-sipping boat, just adding another option.
Anyone recommend brand(s) of kayaks??
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I don't know about Kayaks but for the scooter I recommend instead a USA/Wisonsin Made Buell Blast. 500cc and about 70-72 mpg and you can get on the interstate as they have no problem running 70-80mph. On a flat surface it was about all I could do to get my fat arse up to 100 though but there really should not be a need for that anyway. :P
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

with a 500 cc wouldn't I need a motorcycle license?? I'm really just trying to get something to putz around GH and campground area and take to work on nice days. I really don't need anything for the interstate, just wanting to use less gas some of the time.... I'll look into Buell and see what kind of smaller ones they make....thanks for the info E!
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That is the smallest and yep you would need a motorcycle license but you can take your permit test and just use that for pretty much as long as you want (you just can't have a passenget with a permit and you have to wear a helmet)

PS, feel free if you have one to start a thread and post a link in the MADE IN USA section for the Made in USA Scooter! :)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Last year a bought a new TAO. 50cc, it runs about 40mph and gets 92mpg. I take it to work every day in the summer, and to the store, or just a ride around town. Cheap, only $650.00 new. No license or registration needed.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TAO, sounds foreign..
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Sorry E, but it is. I just wanted something cheap that would carry my fat arss around and give me high milage. US made cost over $1500.00 for the same size. Just couldn't pass this up.
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

While they are much more expensive,Honda scooters are very well made. I have a 49cc liquid cooled shaft driven auto drive Metropolitan. I have ridden it around 7,000 miles so far without a hitch. Keep in mind that at 6'3 265 I put a strain on the little Honda but it keeps plugging. Around 38 MPH and it gets close to 100 MPG. The one that I'd like to have is the new Honda 150 cc scooter that will run 60 MPH and gets 115 miles per gallon. Folks its time to cut back because the Mid-East will blow within months and gas will be $10 a gallon............Southforkwally

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”