When the idiot in chief talk about the fat cats...

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

When the idiot in chief talk about the fat cats...

Post by Islander_212 »

He always plays the class warfare card and how the Wall Street Fat Cats live off the sweat of the brow of the working man... In 2011 they asked for a record $60 Million for the White House budget along with a staff of nearly 500 people! Now who pays for this? Do we really need to be footing this bill? This is only for the residence of the him and the family. It takes about $1.5 Billion to run the whole deal each year... How can you take them serious when they say the corporate execs are the true enemy of the middle class? If he truly was worried about us then I am sure this budget could have been pared way back. This is from the 2011 documentary "It is good to be president". You should all watch this... It has not always been this way, years ago the presidents had to pay for most of the their day to day expenses themselves. Many left the office in debt.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Re: When the idiot in chief talk about the fat cats...

Post by imaposer »

Islander_212 wrote: It has not always been this way, years ago the presidents had to pay for most of the their day to day expenses themselves. Many left the office in debt.

Since I don't see a source link for the whole post, I'm assuming those are your original thoughts.
Could you point out a source for the information for the part I quoted? I can't seem to find anything showing where that is the case.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Re: When the idiot in chief talk about the fat cats...

Post by Islander_212 »

imaposer wrote:

Since I don't see a source link for the whole post, I'm assuming those are your original thoughts.
Could you point out a source for the information for the part I quoted? I can't seem to find anything showing where that is the case.
It was in the same documentary... They listed a couple of different named presidents that spent several thousand dollars out of their pockets, I did not catch the names, also mentioned one who had to hire his own secretary, etc. Did speak about Carter actually letting go of staff that were un-needed and taking other measures to reduce the exorbitant costs, of course we know that did not help him at all with the voters... It was on the History Channel I think and I am sure they will show it again.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”