If I were China, I would think the US plum Loco

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

If I were China, I would think the US plum Loco

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Senators Outraged U.S. Borrowing Big From China While Also Giving It Aid

China is one of the biggest economies in the world and grew at more than 9 percent over the last year. It also has loaned more than $1 trillion to the U.S. to fund its deficit-spending.
But at the same time, the U.S. sends foreign aid to China, which lawmakers of all stripes say is just plain nuts.

"Why in the world would we be borrowing money and then turn around and giving it back to the countries that we're borrowing it from?" Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma said. "If they have enough of a surplus to loan us money, they have enough of a surplus to take care of their own needs."

Democratic Sen. Jim Webb of Virginia asked the same question in a recent appearance on Fox News: "Hey, in the crisis that we're in right now, should we really be continuing to send American taxpayer dollars over to China for these purposes?"

It isn't a lot of aid -- tens of millions in bilateral aid, much more through international institutions to which the U.S. contributes.

But the question is why a nation that's competing with the U.S. economically and politically in every corner of the globe should get any money from the U.S.
I think the Chinese are just laughing whenever they receive a check," said Dan Ikenson, a trade economist at the CATO Institute. "How silly this is of the United States to be subsidizing the faster-growing, second-largest economy in the world."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10 ... z1boCI1aSc
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: If I were China, I would think the US plum Loco

Post by katie »

To us who have common sense, it makes no sense. But.......

Alot of pencil pushing and paperwork, and really big ego's... it makes it look like the USA are really nice to everyone and we will continue to owe interest to China for at least the rest of my lifetime. Therefore, they have a good reason not to call in their debt and we will continue to kiss the whole world's a$$ :ymsigh: @-)

Actually, someone will probably explain the whole thing... just think of GOV'T BOOKEEPING =)) (-| /:)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: If I were China, I would think the US plum Loco

Post by re3too »

katie wrote:

Actually, someone will probably explain the whole thing... just think of GOV'T BOOKEEPING =)) (-| /:)
Sheesh, katie! It's simple transparent smoke and mirrors! #-o :-s :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”