RANTS ABOUT OBAMA HEALTHCARE AND RIGHT WINGERS

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

RANTS ABOUT OBAMA HEALTHCARE AND RIGHT WINGERS

Post by E_ »

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: RANTS ABOUT OBAMA HEALTHCARE AND RIGHT WINGERS

Post by $parechange »

I love it!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

#:-s #:-s =)) =)) :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: After the ruling today....

Post by E_ »

Davis Statement on Supreme Court Decision on the Health Care Law

Washington, D.C. – Congressman Geoff Davis made the following statement on the Supreme Court’s decision on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act:

“Though the Supreme Court’s decision is disappointing, it does not change the underlying truths of the President’s health care law.

“The law has neither reduced costs nor improved choice or care available to Americans. The health care law is ‘paid for’ with half a trillion dollars in new taxes and another $500 billion in cuts to Medicare. It punishes Americans who do not obtain ‘acceptable’ health insurance and penalizes employers that do not offer it. It outsources Medicare decisions to an unelected rationing board, interferes in the patient-doctor relationship, and threatens consumers with fewer options and higher premiums. Even though Americans will not feel the full brunt of its impact until 2014, the law has already proven to be a nightmare.

“We cannot mistake the Court’s ruling for an evaluation of effective, commonsense policy. While the Supreme Court judged the health care law’s constitutionality, the American people and actuarial experts have already judged its quality — that it is a disaster for patients, small businesses and future generations of Americans.

“Congress must redouble its efforts to repeal the health care law so we can start anew on reforms that will increase patient access and quality of care while reducing costs.”

To read more information about this Supreme Court case and the health care debate, please visit http://geoffdavis.house.gov/issuelist/s ... tppaca.htm and http://geoffdavis.house.gov/healthcare.

###
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

You're Republican appointed Chief Justice said it best. It's not his job to save you from the dumbasssses you voted for. Vote the BUMS out.

Well he basically said that anyway.

DJ
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

djcardinal wrote:You're Republican appointed Chief Justice said it best. It's not his job to save you from the dumbasssses you voted for. Vote the BUMS out.

Well he basically said that anyway.

DJ
Yup, that is what he said. And he could have saved a lot of grief by voting it down with the other 4 Justices. Just another way of pointing the finger at someone else. Same as saying not my fault, all your fault, now deal with it. Kind of like avoiding your responsibility as a decision maker. How many times have you heard parents say, "you've made your bed, now lay in it."

"Roberts showed he had taken control over a divided bench. He highlighted flaws in the administration's arguments and stressed the majority was not commenting on the wisdom of the law.

Rather, he said, if it could be upheld, the court must uphold it. He said it was not the job of the judiciary "to save" the nation from policy choices made by elected legislators."

Vote the elected dumbarses OUT!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I respect his decision. It would have been a agreeable decision if he killed it BUT if it truly is not something in his power then I think he did the right thing instead of following partisan politics which should NEVER be on the bench (but sure the heck are, look at the divide on every friggin vote). It would give me a little faith in the system BUT the other 8 seem to remain along party lines which is not what they are there for... Instead of judging they are just pawns in a elaborate chess game when they follow party lines.

Now like everyone said above, LETS get the dumbarses OUT OF OFFICE!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I agree that he stood on principal the problem is with his logic, everyone is on record as claiming the madate was not a tax. Yet Roberts just makes the claim that it is and rules on the law based on his change of the wording.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

VERY good point Lock!
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Lock5 wrote:I agree that he stood on principal the problem is with his logic, everyone is on record as claiming the madate was not a tax. Yet Roberts just makes the claim that it is and rules on the law based on his change of the wording.
I wish like he!! we could overturn EVERY politician on the 'hill'. Well...almost everyone.
We need to show them just WHO is BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Amen

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”