First Responders Not Invited to 9/11 Anniversary Ceremonies

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

First Responders Not Invited to 9/11 Anniversary Ceremonies

Post by E_ »

Saw this on a facebook friend's status and thought for sure it had to be false just to stir people up but Snopes says it is true!

J Hicks
GUARANTEE NOT 1 OF MY FACEBOOK FRIEND WILL COPY THIS POST...IF YOU WOULD BE THERE FOR ME THEN COPY THIS... I AM DOING THIS TO PROVE A FRIEND WRONG THAT SOMEONE IS ALWAYS LISTENING ...NYPD, FDNY AND EMS OFFICERS WERE NOT INVITED TO THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY CEREMONY OF 9/11... MAYOR BLOOMBERG CLAIMS THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THEM... 10 YEARS AGO, THEY WEREN'T INVITED, BUT THEY SHOWED UP WHEN EVERYONE ELSE WAS RUNNING OUT!!! RE-POST IF YOU AGREE THEY SHOULD BE THERE
Like · · 48 minutes ago · Privacy:

E Hillman OMG! I searched for this on Snopes and found it was indeed true! I thought for sure this had to be a crazy rumor but it is TRUE! http://www.snopes.com/rumors/responders.asp

snopes.com: First Responders Not Invited to 9/11 Anniversary Ceremonies
www.snopes.com
First responders and clergy are not invited to the 2011 September 11 memorial ceremony?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: First Responders Not Invited to 9/11 Anniversary Ceremon

Post by $parechange »

Nothing religious either. What has this country come to?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

:( :( :ymsigh: :ymsigh: X( X( :-s :-s
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Someone needs to "shake up" the mayor of New York! X(

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”