Egyptians hate us??

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Egyptians hate us??

Post by katie »

:| I can see why.... I am always embarrassed for our people when our pompous a$$ed presidents (no matter who they are) get up and spout that leaders of other countries should do what they say. :-o Well, I didn't know we were sending $1.5 billion in aid every year to them, is this so we can tell them what the hell to do and how to run their country???
That is a sad situation over there, but at least they are standing up for what they want... :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

In today's press briefing, the White House underscored President Obama's call for Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak to immediately begin his transition out of power.
Last night, Obama issued a brief public statement that included just one line about a prospective deadline for Mubarak's exit from power: "My belief is that an orderly transition must be meaningful, must be peaceful and it must begin now," Obama said.
But White House press secretary Robert Gibbs was more explicit Wednesday.
"'Now' means 'yesterday,'" Gibbs explained. "When we said 'now,' we meant 'yesterday'... that's what the people of Egypt want to see," Gibbs said, adding that a process that begins one week, one month, or many months from now won't suffice.
Mubarak's announcement Tuesday that he will continue to serve in office, but won't run for re-election in September didn't do anything to placate the country's enormous and vocal corps of anti-Mubarak protesters. Indeed, the declaration further inflamed many protesters who want to see an immediate change in power.
Gibbs said he believes Mubarak's statement "began that transition yesterday," adding "most importantly, that's what the people of Egypt expect."
Gibbs would not comment on whether the United States would rescind aid to Egypt if Mubarak does not follow through--or if the president spelled out any other adverse consequences should Mubarak prolong his hold on power when the two men spoke yesterday. Gibbs' only response was to say "I do not think the president could have been clearer."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket ... or-mubarak

The notion that the state may have coordinated violence against protesters, whose vigil in Tahrir Square had been peaceful for days, raised international outrage, including a sharp rebuke from Washington, which has considered Egypt its most important Arab ally for decades, and sends it $1.5 billion a year in aid.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110203/ap_ ... _egypt_173
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Egyptians hate us??

Post by $parechange »

Well being over here and listening to the folks from all around the area. Obama was not strong enough to their president. They think he was week and playing politics. He should demand that he leave power now. Obama has a way of sounding like he is playing both sides of the fence. So they are really pi$$ed off. Thats waht they are saying over here.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”