ObamaCare Ruling

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

ObamaCare Ruling

Post by E_ »

I can't believe you all have not been talking about this since yesterday...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110201/ap_ ... h_overhaul
Fla. judge in Obama health suit has own med story

By MELISSA NELSON and RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Associated Press Melissa Nelson And Ricardo Alonso-zaldivar, Associated Press – 1 hr 47 mins ago
PENSACOLA, Fla. – The judge who ruled the Obama administration's health care overhaul unconstitutional questioned whether the government was reaching beyond its power by requiring citizens to buy health insurance because everyone needs medical care.

Under that logic, U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson said, the government could force Americans to buy clothes or food. Vinson, who sided with 26 states fighting the much-maligned measure, revealed his own health care story during arguments several weeks ago, an example that helped shed light on his ruling Monday.

When Vinson was a law student and his wife gave birth to their first child, he paid a doctor in cash.

"It amounted to about $100 a pound," the 70-year-old jurist joked in December.

Vinson, an ex-Navy pilot appointed to the federal bench by President Ronald Reagan in 1983, is known for maintaining control of his courtroom while letting everyone have their say. He loves camellia flowers and has handled cases from abortion clinic bombings to veterans rights to racial discrimination.

"I think being a former Navy officer, he is used to being in control of things but not being a tyrant," said attorney Bud Day, a Medal of Honor recipient from the Vietnam War who has tried numerous cases in front of Vinson.

The judge's ruling produced an even split in federal court decisions so far on the health care law, mirroring enduring divisions among the public. Two judges had previously upheld the law, both Democratic appointees. A Republican appointee in Virginia had ruled against it.

The Justice Department quickly announced it would appeal, and administration officials declared that for now the federal government and the states would proceed without interruption to carry out the law. It seemed evident that only the U.S. Supreme Court could deliver a final verdict on Obama's historic expansion of health insurance coverage.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: ObamaCare Ruling

Post by Lock5 »

The big court will have the final say on this matter and it leans a little to the right. :ymhug:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I think Obama and the rest of the left crowd has had time to hear the arguments of the people and are back-pedalling on their "almighty" and quite "hasty" decision to sign papers, make law. Pompous attitudes will get you ousted from the group. Just may take a little bit, like two years ;)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I'm not sure we'll survive the 2 years...... :-s :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:I'm not sure we'll survive the 2 years...... :-s :(
#:-s
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:D I was talking about the first two ;) Americans showed them what they thought about their almighty house at the mid-terms.... biggest turnout for mid-terms I think ever, if not it had been many many years. :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

402493_337692439594772_100000620575562_1118957_530942991_n.jpg
402493_337692439594772_100000620575562_1118957_530942991_n.jpg (69.68 KiB) Viewed 2892 times

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”