Airport Screening

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Airport Screening

Post by E_ »

Continued from another forum. (out of respect)

First read
http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=29087

Then tell us what you think. I had to quit commenting in fear I would get too political.

But really. What other rights would you give up to feel secure? What if terrorist start putting bombs in condoms and shoving them up their a$$? Will you let someone stick their hand up there to check just so you feel secure? (hmm feel free to comment that over there... lol I would but I did PROMISE I would not comment on that thread any more. It would have only went south.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Airport Screening

Post by Lock5 »

How about we stop terrorizing grandma and my 2 yr. old and start profiling for the likely terrorist. If you haven't flown in 3 years and you are flying from Lexington to Dallas, it's a good chance you are not a terrorist. If you are 25 years old and your first name in Muhomand or Akmed you have flown 6 times to Yemen in the last 9 months, and are now traveling from the east coast to the west coast,............ BINGO you get the enhanced pat down. How simple was that. Where do I pick up my prize. :ymapplause:
locknut
Contributor

Post by locknut »

BS !
i think i'll take the bus :))
Attachments
TSA-grope.jpg
TSA-grope.jpg (33.8 KiB) Viewed 11594 times
FireEscape

Post by FireEscape »

I don't feel like being able to fly on an airplane is a right, more of a privilege. If you want to fly than there are a few things that you must do to get on that plane, if you don’t agree with them then don’t fly.

Having “Bill” at TSA check my package for a package doesn’t bother me, I knew going into that airport that may happen.

Seems to me that some of these people could spend their time protesting something a little more useful.

:-? :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Fire Escape, answer me this

What will you do when start hiding stuff in their anus and you need to fly somewhere but the new procedure is more like a prostate check? Where does it stop. And believe me groping everyone is not going to make anyone safer...

They DO have scanners that can snif for explosives and the full body scanner that is showing everyones junk CAN be make to just show in a sillhouette if there is something that needs to be checked further.
FireEscape

Post by FireEscape »

Seems far fetched but if it did ever get to that point I think I'll just walk...

I guess I’m different but it doesn’t really bother me at all. I guess I look at it as if I jump on a plane I am no longer controlling my fate, it is in someone else’s hands. I’m not an airport security expert so if that person tells me this is what I need to do to be safe on this 180 passenger guided missile than I’m all for it.

And most know I am the last one to jump on the safety bus bandwagon I’m a firm believer in live and let live but again it’s a choice nobody is making you get on a plane.
pourme
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by pourme »

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818). A variant of this was published as:
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Envy Our Past, Fear Our Future...Go CATS!
pourme
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by pourme »

So many fought so hard and died for freedom for this country and now we just piss it way a little at a time because so many can't see past the end of their nose.
Envy Our Past, Fear Our Future...Go CATS!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Unfortunately, alot of commercial shipping, including the post office use these flights we are on and these items do not get scanned for contraban.... it's just a matter of is my suitcase going before me or not? Sounds grim, but true....

I'll just continue to walk my butt thru the scanner and hope we're not transporting any printers with white ink... :-s
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Up until a couple of years ago I traveled around the world several times. I even went to ground zero in Nov. following the attack. I still am not affraid to travel. I don't like the shoes being removed more than anything. I don't give a rats arss if they want to scan me, I just hope I don't scare anyone with what they might see. LOL! In my opinion, I think we have given into the bad guys and they are now controlling our fate. I am going to Dubai in Feb and Germany in March, I forsee no problems. If and when my time comes, I can tell you that checking my xrays ain't gonna help! There is a way and it should be more available to get a precheck so you don't have to go through the lines. It just takes a lot of paper work and some cash. If i start traveling a lot again, I am sure I will get this done.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

pourme wrote:So many fought so hard and died for freedom for this country and now we just piss it way a little at a time because so many can't see past the end of their nose.
:ymapplause: yep, the terrorist have won when we have to resort to this. Its not about someone touching my junk it is about certain things that it should not come to... Them rubbing all over you is not making anyone any safer. The box cutters would have been detected in a simple metal detector and the few hijackers should have been overpowered anyway but we have became sheep thinking big brother can and should take care of us.

Just like many times in history that KDFWR on LC.com has apparently forgotten about and can't see past 9-11 when citizens of other nations gave up rights for secuirty. I guess maybe we need more security, Oh wait we could start a group called the The Schutzstaffel Protection Squadron /:)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LOL Spare
Attachments
TSA.gif
TSA.gif (53.95 KiB) Viewed 11550 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Is my memory faulty or did I hear that the full body scan would NOT have detected the underpants bombers load?
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Those are great!

Good news for those who protest being searched before boarding a flight.. Greyhound and Trailways don't require it.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Just curious, I wonder how often they change their gloves???? Or do they wear them for the whole shift???? :ymsick: :ymsick:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Captain Bob wrote:Those are great!

Good news for those who protest being searched before boarding a flight.. Greyhound and Trailways don't require it.

Leave it up to the companies and don't federally mandate it (right now even if you don't use TSA screeners you HAVE to do the same procedures). Once it is up to the companies they can weld one helluva wall in between the pilots and the passengers. Then give people the options for other less intrusive screening options.

Lets see what airlines stay in business at that point. I'm not saying I'm not for being safe, I am saying I am for working smarter about it.

Trust me, I am in the digital imaging world. I see what can be seen and what can't be, I know software and I know you DON'T have to show an image of someones body on the scanner. We have software that detects microcalcifications and points it out in Mammograms etc. You don't think we can make it detect any other object that should not be part of the normal body mass even at very LOW levels of energy.
DMS

Post by DMS »

Has any of the TSA's screening stopped ANYthing? Get the crabs, drink beer and eat White Castles before scan...that will teach 'em. GROPE THIS CHIT!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

G.T.
Contributor

Post by G.T. »

I traveled to Mexico with Big Red the first of November.

Out of the 4 of us, she and I got waved over. The poor guy who did the "search" spent more time explianing how "intrusive" it was going to be than doing anything.

It was truely no big deal. LInda had gone before me, so I asked her.. she agreed.

Now I agree with the comments of profiling... Hell Yea.. Profile away....

I cant take credit for it, but here is the solution.

Build into each of the airports a Bomb Room, make it clear.. if anything is found, you'll be placed in that room, and exposed to all the necessary devices to explode what you have with you.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

.I like the bomb room idea.
Attachments
E_HILLMAN LIkes this.JPG
E_HILLMAN LIkes this.JPG (3.2 KiB) Viewed 11462 times
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

My BIG question is do the Muslim women have to go in the scanner or get a pat down? :-? :-w
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Spare Change wrote:My BIG question is do the Muslim women have to go in the scanner or get a pat down? :-? :-w

Wow $pare that is a good point! :-w :ymsigh: :-w
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

If I see any "special" treatment going on, you can d@mn well bet I will make some noise! However, I will probably miss my flight... =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

and get the full body cavity search. #:-s
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:and get the full body cavity search. #:-s
EWWWW! :ymsick: :ymsick:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:and get the full body cavity search. #:-s

They by george better walk in that room with a Bloody Mary in their hand!! =)) :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Don't think it infringes on your liberties and rights....

Read this:
http://www.deadseriousnews.com/?p=573

Quite sad..... [-(

Arrested... That is pretty messed up.

Ya know some people "go off" easily. All of us have heard some girl say how a guy "went" before they even got started. Heck it is such a possibility that even movies like American Pie make fun of it. So understanding that he is gay and t...hat he might be one of "those" people that "go" easily. I could see it happening. Having said all of that.... ... ...Now tell me HOW IN THE HELL they can arrest him? Is the Federal agent not actually sexually assaulting him. If a woman had a orgasm during rape does it make it any less rape? This is a real govt. invasion of our lives and liberties.... But all of us are too scared to say or do anything under fear of not being able to get a plane ride if one was needed.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Whoops! Posted that elsewhere and had forgotten that was the thread I promised to not comment on again. I deleted my comment there. Not sure why Pop is not going to lose any sleep over that arrest. Guess it is just only because the guy is gay.. wow, if true some people are very short minded.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:-o WOW, poor guy if that is his problem that really would suck.... however, I don't know anything about them "peircings" his partner claims he has, but that may be just part of his problem, it's what got him his "patdown". /:)

Not only that - take them out if you can just to get through the danged security check. Stop in the bathroom and put them back in if that's what is necessary. #-o 8-|

I'm betting he is well aware of his "problem" and should have had a "dr.'s excuse". The plot will thicken I am sure before all is said and done. Wonder how often he travels? :-?
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

According to Cummings’ partner, Sergio Armani, Cummings has “multiple piercings on his manhood” which were detected during a full body scan. As a result, Cummings was pulled aside for a pat-down.
Rather appropriate name.............just sayin =)) =)) =)) =))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I don't know Katie, since when should you have to carry a card that says if someone rubs your penis that it might go off? lol

That is my point. Not matter what a freak he may or may not be no one should have been touching his wang. And in the case where they did he should NOT have been arrested because he "went". (so hard to type this without a lol)

And if his wang peircings caused the metal detectors to go off they should have told him to go remove them or to not proceed since you are to remove ALL metal. It should not result in a handjob.. :-o #:-s :| /:) =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote: Not sure why Pop is not going to lose any sleep over that arrest. Guess it is just only because the guy is gay.. wow, if true some people are very short minded.
Are you saying that you ARE going to lose sleep? I guess you can call me short minded too. Because I believe if you chose to live your life as a FREAK, then you should be ready to be treated as such. Sorry but queers give me the "heebie jeebies" and there isn't anything that I can do about that. Hell even if he wasn't homo, just the fact he stabbed his junk with metal spikes is enough to make me think "hmmmm this dude ain't right".......Then he jizzed on someone??? Arrested was the best thing for him. He's lucky he's not in the hospital. Are you telling me that after something like that happens, they are supposed to just laugh and say, "Oh, it's ok, go ahead and board, I'll just go clean up". F that
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

FasterThanYou wrote:
According to Cummings’ partner, Sergio Armani, Cummings has “multiple piercings on his manhood” which were detected during a full body scan. As a result, Cummings was pulled aside for a pat-down.
Rather appropriate name.............just sayin =)) =)) =)) =))
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) I thought they were going to say their names were Neal and Bob
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote: since when should you have to carry a card that says if someone rubs your penis that it might go off? lol
If you go off that easy, yes you should carry a warning label. =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

_____ wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote: Not sure why Pop is not going to lose any sleep over that arrest. Guess it is just only because the guy is gay.. wow, if true some people are very short minded.
Are you saying that you ARE going to lose sleep? I guess you can call me short minded too. Because I believe if you chose to live your life as a FREAK, then you should be ready to be treated as such. Sorry but queers give me the "heebie jeebies" and there isn't anything that I can do about that. Hell even if he wasn't homo, just the fact he stabbed his junk with metal spikes is enough to make me think "hmmmm this dude ain't right".......Then he jizzed on someone??? Arrested was the best thing for him. He's lucky he's not in the hospital. Are you telling me that after something like that happens, they are supposed to just laugh and say, "Oh, it's ok, go ahead and board, I'll just go clean up". F that

YOu are missing the point ___, how would you like it that someone is allowed to rub your johnson just so you can get on a airplane. ...and then (what if you had a bladder issue) if you had some bodily function you could not help YOU get TACKLED and go to jail. Something is really wrong about that. The shortsighted comment is just that people can't see past the guy being gay and see the big picture of what is really taking place.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

I guess it wouldn't take him long to join the "MILE HIGH CLUB" =)) =)) =)) =))

Now, I guess it's OK to get your junk rubbed by your wife after you've boarded? Isn't that why they provide blankets?

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

FasterThanYou wrote:I guess it wouldn't take him long to join the "MILE HIGH CLUB" =)) =)) =)) =))

Now, I guess it's OK to get your junk rubbed by your wife after you've boarded? Isn't that why they provide blankets?

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

=)) Geez Jim you are full of it!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E, if he has a fast trigger - yep, a dr's pass. But if you ask me.... if this guy is "forward thinking" enough to get his weenie full of jewelry, I'm bettin he knew the bells would sound when he went in.. =; It's been on the news - bells sound, get your hiney patted down...

The more I think of it - the bodily fluids are dangerous - but surely this did not pass through his clothing. I think arrest was a little much but they could have detained him to get the full story.

E, I'm not thinking the sucka got a "service" if you will, but he should have been removed to fully expose himself if needed. All the security people knew was they had metal and it was around his UNIT. What a L-) to take it through airport security.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

katie wrote:he should have been removed to fully expose himself if needed. All the security people knew was they had metal and it was around his UNIT. What a L-) to take it through airport security.
I'm 100% with that. Or even to go put his "jewerly" in the tray... lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

These are the people feeling you up at the airport. Do away with the TSA as we know it. http://www.lex18.com/news/lexington-air ... -coworker/
Lexington Airport TSA Manager Charged With Sexually Abusing Coworker

Posted: Aug 13, 2013 5:32 AM
Updated: Aug 13, 2013 5:37 AM

Police arrested a Lexington Blue Grass Airport TSA manager and charged him with sexually abusing a female employee.

According to court documents, the victim told police Shane A. Hinkle, 38, touched her breasts and put his hand down her pants twice on two separate occasions, the first on July 31 and the second time on Aug. 4. The citation indicates the incidents both happened at the airport, and the acts on Aug. 4 were recorded on video.

Police arrested Hinkle Monday afternoon and charged him with four counts of sexual abuse.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Lets see...facial recognition software,license plate scanning, rfid chips in passports, bank cards, and who knows what else....They know who you are befor you get to the tsa...the flags go up way ahead of time. I feel all they are doing is slowly implementing such bu775h1t to ,for lack of better word, train us. Sad thing is the tsa will stay...next thing will be the drones...sure they are flying over head now...but our everloving government will give simpleminded America an excuse for them...Hell ....you see how easy the whole data mining ,nsa crap just came and stayed....next thing will have to do with geo tagging and geo blocking...the tagging has already started...The blocking has been implemented...they'll just through your @55 in jail for unblocking it...point being my fellow sheep....the fence is up and its only gonna close in on us more and more till the farmer can keep and extremely close eye on us without having to worry about us.

As for that body piercing .....back when all that came about I had an extreme amount of them...never once set off a detector...

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”