"anchor babies"

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

"anchor babies"

Post by Nervous Wreck »

I never did agree with this law. I think it is pure BS!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
(CNN) -- A proposed Arizona law would deny birth certificates to children born in the United States to illegal immigrant parents.

The bill comes on the heels of Arizona passing the nation's toughest immigration law.

John Kavanagh, a Republican state representative from Arizona who supports the proposed law aimed at so-called "anchor babies," said that the concept does not conflict with the U.S. Constitution.

"If you go back to the original intent of the drafters ... it was never intended to bestow citizenship upon (illegal) aliens," said Kavanagh, who also supported Senate Bill 1070 -- the law that gave Arizona authorities expanded immigration enforcement powers.

Under federal law, children born in the United States are automatically granted citizenship, regardless of their parents' residency status.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/15/arizon ... tml?hpt=C1
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: "anchor babies"

Post by $parechange »

GIVE< GIVE< GIVE, thats whats wrong with our country. Send thier arsses back to Mexico with a certificate of where and when the child was born and let them get a mexican citenship. Folks we are in deep doo doo. This giving has got to stop! There was an artical about an illegal who had 6 kids, and received about a $150,000.00 per year. That included medical, free luch, food stamps, housing and $1500.00 per month per family member. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? :-? The SOB is ILLEGAL!!!!! X( . Wake up America, put a stop this madness! :ymcowboy:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I too, never understood the whole "anchor baby" deal. NO PLACE else in the world does this, that I'm aware of. :-? /:)

GO ARIZONA! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Sooo what about the news today melting several snowflakes? https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... er-n926081

Here is my response to many when they are throwing a fit

"He is not trying to stop certain races of people. He is just trying to stop people from sneaking in illegally, having a baby and then anchoring their own citizenship in the country because they snuck in illegally or under false pretence to have a baby and skirt our citizenship process that MANY MANY follow every day and are welcomed in with open arms no matter where they are from. We can love everyone and still secure our own country.

John Eastman, a constitutional scholar and director of Chapman University's Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence, told "Axios on HBO" that the Constitution has been misapplied over the past 40 or so years. He says the line "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" originally referred to people with full, political allegiance to the U.S. — green card holders and citizens.

Between the lines: Until the 1960s, the 14th Amendment was never applied to undocumented or temporary immigrants, Eastman said.

Between 1980 and 2006, the number of births to unauthorized immigrants — which opponents of birthright citizenship call "anchor babies" — skyrocketed to a peak of 370,000, according to a 2016 study by Pew Research. It then declined slightly during and following the Great Recession.
The Supreme Court has already ruled that children born to immigrants who are legal permanent residents have citizenship. But those who claim the 14th Amendment should not apply to everyone point to the fact that there has been no ruling on a case specifically involving immigrants in the country illegally or those with temporary legal status."
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Mary Lou 2
Marina/Ramp: LFM

Post by Mary Lou 2 »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”