Ill. prison to get Gitmo detainees

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Ill. prison to get Gitmo detainees

Post by E_ »

By HENRY C. JACKSON, Associated Press Writer Henry C. Jackson, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 34 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Taking an important step on the thorny path to closing the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, the White House plans to announce Tuesday that the government will acquire an underutilized state prison in rural Illinois to be the new home for a limited number of terrorist suspects held at Guantanamo.

Administration officials as well as Illinois Sen. Richard Durbin and Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn will make an official announcement at the White House.

Officials from both the White House and Durbin's office confirmed that President Barack Obama had directed the government to acquire Thomson Correctional Center in Thomson, Ill., a sleepy town near the Mississippi River about 150 miles from Chicago
Read more at
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091215/ap_ ... nee_prison
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Ill. prison to get Gitmo detainees

Post by $parechange »

This move is gonna be expensive. I say put em in a bus, lock em down and drive thier dirty asses to IL. Why does it have to cost so much. Once they get there put them in the regular prison. There I have just saved the US thousands of $'s. Plus I will guarentee that several of those camel jockies won't last till spring. Even our bad guys don't like em. :ymdevil: :-? :ymcowboy:

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”