TRACKING TAXES: Energy Budget Grows 183 Percent

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

TRACKING TAXES: Energy Budget Grows 183 Percent

Post by Nervous Wreck »

This is real nice...

Tracking Your Taxes: Energy and Water Budget Grows Despite Recession.

By William La Jeunesse
FOXNews.com
Thursday, October 29, 2009

With the government $12 trillion in debt, you'd think lawmakers would watch every penny. But that is not the case in Washington.

A study by the Republican staff of the House Appropriations Committee shows the rate of spending growth from fiscal year 2007 to 2009 in some agencies more than doubled.

The highest, with a 183 percent increase, is the energy and water budget, which includes the Department of Energy and the Army Corps of Engineers. Its current budget provides $33.5 billion in total funding, which is $200 million -- or less than one percent -- over last year's level.

But this is in addition to the more than $58.7 billion provided for these programs in emergency spending this year, most of which was included in the "stimulus" legislation. Overall, these programs have benefited from an increase of more than 180 percent over the last two fiscal years.

"Shoveling billions of taxpayer dollars into the agencies in this bill -- essentially doubling the size of their budgets in under two years -- will undoubtedly prime the pump for government waste as these bureaucracies struggle to find ways to spend it," California Rep. Jerry Lewis, ranking member of the House Appropriations Committee, told Fox News.

"A black cloud of unsustainable government spending and debt is already over our nation, and this over-spending Energy and Water bill will only exacerbate the problem.

read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10 ... latestnews
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: TRACKING TAXES: Energy Budget Grows 183 Percent

Post by E_ »

The only thing I could see good would be that the corps build more projects to protect cities to save us money later and build more dams for hydro power. And that the energy department would be working their arses off to get us on solar, hydro, and wind power asap. Then we could save the gas for cookouts... lol

But it is probally just to inflate some a-hole salaries. lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

OK, here is how we get out of debt. China took away way to many jobs. 47% of my business goes out of the US. Every country I deal with has very large import taxes, with the exception of the US. Why not add an import tax to anything that comes from China or South America, say around 10%. Which by the way is very low compared to the other countries. In no time we can pay off the national debt. It just might also level the playing floor for the US. I have no problem with making America green, I have problems with $48million for a 2 minute rocket flight to put more folks in space. WTF! who is going to live on the moon. They don't have any lakes! Second, we have enough oil in the US to keep us going for hundreds of years, so what do we do? We listen to a bunch of enviormentalist who say we will kill a 2inch fish, or the moose won't have a free reign. Let the moose do what they do best, eat and breed. What has a 2 inch fish got to offer me? We have an idiot in the White House who listens to all the other crap, but won't listen to his boss, us poor folk! For the people, by the people! Lets get back to the way this gov was ment to be. Lets get rid of all incumbants in the 2010 election, see if the other half pays any attention. #:-s I am tired now, I need a nap. :D
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Remember they did away with that with "free trade" basically other countries could trade with us for free but yet they charge us... X(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”