citi to out source 14,000 Jobs to India ?

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

citi to out source 14,000 Jobs to India ?

Post by Dolphin »

After watching the tide turn on the Company's that pay out the pay checks in this Great Country !

App. 60 % of all major Corporations are Looking at the possibility of Re Locating

And Rightfully SO !!! Go where They Love You I say
Jaybird
Better Member

Re: citi to out source 14,000 Jobs to India ?

Post by Jaybird »

Looks like they will have to add a couple more phone lines. :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
I think I have only talked to one support person in India that I could understand. :-? #-o :((
Attachments
India%20Outsource.jpg
India%20Outsource.jpg (47.23 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

hehehe, TO Funny =((

How about some Sea Food at the Lodge Jay ??? Flown in fresh they say ??? Hehehe
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

I think I will pass on the seafood at the "choke and puke" at this time. :) Might get some while we are in the Sunshine State. B-) Not a real big fan of seafood anyway. Actually it is more of a value to grill up some filets or have goetta, eggs and biscuits. Never have mastered the art of making gravy. :(
Last edited by Jaybird on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Let them do it, I think it might end up costing them as companies that outsource are going to start losing tax breaks etc. It might make them rethink US employment.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

plus the wages over there are starting to get up to ours and then they will have to re ousource back to us... LOL

SOme companies are already finding places like Kansas to have a pretty good areas to plan call centers etc and save over outsourcing.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Egads Jaybird, the electrical grid in Mexico looks just like that only they throw extension chords over bare wiring for power... "in-town" costa rica had similar wiring issues @-) #:-s :|
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

I'd hate to have to work on those lines! UGH! We have that same pic hanging in our office :)
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

Our company outsourced our Applications Development for IT 6 years ago and just this year renegotiated with a new company. I was involved in the negotiations both times (because I had to) and I can assure you that the issue has nothing to do with Taxes, it is straight up a 70% reduction in salary not to mention the health care costs. Sure you can tax the crap out of companies like ours but the result will be higher prices, simple as that.

Don't misunderstand I hate to see it as much as anyone, but lets not cut off our nose to spit our face! None of us can afford that!!!! ;)
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

katie wrote:Egads Jaybird, the electrical grid in Mexico looks just like that only they throw extension chords over bare wiring for power... "in-town" costa rica had similar wiring issues @-) #:-s :|
When did mexicans start wearing Red dots on their foreheads. :)) =)) :p :p :p
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
katie wrote:Egads Jaybird, the electrical grid in Mexico looks just like that only they throw extension chords over bare wiring for power... "in-town" costa rica had similar wiring issues @-) #:-s :|
When did mexicans start wearing Red dots on their foreheads. :)) =)) :p :p :p

:-$ 8-} I know that's india.... just stating that they are not the only ones that have to operate like that, some of the chit I've witnessed makes me so happy I live in America! (costa ricans don't have red dots either!) Behave or I'll sic RE3too on you!!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”