U.S. Wasted Billions in Rebuilding Iraq

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

U.S. Wasted Billions in Rebuilding Iraq

Post by Nervous Wreck »

KHAN BANI SAAD, Iraq -- A $40 million prison sits in the desert north of Baghdad, empty. A $165 million children's hospital goes unused in the south. A $100 million waste water treatment system in Fallujah has cost three times more than projected, yet sewage still runs through the streets.

As the U.S. draws down in Iraq, it is leaving behind hundreds of abandoned or incomplete projects. More than $5 billion in American taxpayer funds has been wasted -- more than 10 percent of the some $50 billion the U.S. has spent on reconstruction in Iraq, according to audits from a U.S. watchdog agency.

That amount is likely an underestimate, based on an analysis of more than 300 reports by auditors with the special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction. And it does not take into account security costs, which have run almost 17 percent for some projects.

Shamefull:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08 ... latestnews
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Re: U.S. Wasted Billions in Rebuilding Iraq

Post by Dolphin »

Yes, reaching out for the sake of Humanity ??? I would guess overall, Just double their estimates and see what that cost each US Citizen living responsibly !

Remember, Big R Or D's ? they Gotta Go :ymtongue:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Same O' Same O'..... all politician's have their head up their a$$ on this kind of spending.... go in, blow a country to smitherines looking for a few bad men, then spend millions trying to look like nice people to their countrymen.

There must be a method to this madness, but I have never understood it, maybe it was never explained to many of us laymen (or girls).... :-$

Train more special forces, infiltrate the country/city where you believe them to be, leave their people alone and let the snipers do what they are trained for..... get the heck out and everyone benefits.... they wouldn't even have to know it was us (U.S.) but I imagine therein lies the big issue... U.S. - a superpower 8-| maybe a female way of thinking??? ;;)

(got to admit, I never played cowboys & indians or Army when I was little ;) )
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

We don't even have to invade anymore. we have missils thyat can go in your front door. Problem is you don't want to pi$$ anybody off. So we waste trillions doing it the way we did. By the way, what ever happend to Bush's statement that they were going to pay us back in oil?

OH and since you didn't play cowboys & indians, what did you play.

Hide the sausage? :-*

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”