Memorial Day Weekend!

A lounge in the center of the forum created for use by Ohio Navy.com

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky, OhioNavyCom

OhioNavyCom
Marina/Ramp: Burnside

Memorial Day Weekend!

Post by OhioNavyCom »

It's finally Memorial Day weekend! Take a look at this pic to see how nice it is.
Attachments
DSC03188.JPG
DSC03188.JPG (142.21 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Memorial Day Weekend!

Post by E_ »

NICE!!!!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

The secnd HB on the right with black canvas looks like the $pare Change. Which marina is this?
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

This is Lee's Ford Marina on "C" dock. And, it's HOTTTT.

By the way, unleaded gas is $2.29 at the Renfro Valley exit. At least it was last night.

Spare Change wrote:The secnd HB on the right with black canvas looks like the $pare Change. Which marina is this?
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

I'm working "way" too hard. I think it's time to take a brake..... :D :D :D
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I know what ya mean. Those tabs get harder to open each year. Then the lifting from the table to the mouth, WHEW wears me out just thinking about it. :D
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

Oh my gosh! Today is the kind of day you wish for all summer. We just floated around at the mouth of Clifty Creek. About ten boats passed the whole time. It was great. Where is everyone?

Spare Change wrote:I know what ya mean. Those tabs get harder to open each year. Then the lifting from the table to the mouth, WHEW wears me out just thinking about it. :D
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Just made it to Camplin's retreat. Waiting on Pizza.
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

Mmmmmm, sounds good! Where is Camplin's retreat?

We just had Krystal Chick. We don't have them in Ohio. And......Baskin Robbins!

This is a perfect night too. I've heard there is a band at Lee's Ford Marina tomorrow night.

E_HILLMAN wrote:Just made it to Camplin's retreat. Waiting on Pizza.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just above fall creek.

http://www.camplinsretreat.com/

On the same side of the lake as Conley but just a little further west.
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

Nice looking place. I'm assuming most of you are on the lake this weekend?

We spent the day on the lake today. The debris was minimal from Lee's Ford, going toward Conley Bottom, until we reached the Mill Springs area. It got a little thicker there then, unreal between shinbone and after, toward State Dock. We gave up and turned back.

The water wasn't too bad.

E_HILLMAN wrote:Just above fall creek.

http://www.camplinsretreat.com/

On the same side of the lake as Conley but just a little further west.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep, we put in at Fall Creek yesterday, got on plane for 30 seconds and spent the next hour at least idiling west. It was a nice leisurly ride and we got to play guess that trash. Where we would spot odd pieces of trash and guess what it was before we got close enough to really tell... It was sad to see all that trash. :(

Anyway once we passed Harmon it wasn't bad at all and we went up to Cave Springs and saw Howl, Bubbles, Pneeb, Toon, and some others. Then went to State Dock and saw Marine Assist (Don) and had lunch. Then spent the rest of the day anchored under the first big cliff in the mouth of Beaver/Otter which ended up bring a great spot with a spectacular view. Saw LC Addict at Jamestown for a moment and dropped off her Pennant as well as a quick slip over to Crwky's to deliver his as well.

Getting to see all of them was icing on the cake of a wonderful day. However the trip back thru the funk and it getting dark on me was a real bummer. Not sure which way we will go today, I have thought about driving down to Beaver Creek Marina and putting in there.
crwky

Post by crwky »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Yep, we put in at Fall Creek yesterday, got on plane for 30 seconds and spent the next hour at least idiling west. It was a nice leisurly ride and we got to play guess that trash. Where we would spot odd pieces of trash and guess what it was before we got close enough to really tell... It was sad to see all that trash. :(

Anyway once we passed Harmon it wasn't bad at all and we went up to Cave Springs and saw Howl, Bubbles, Pneeb, Toon, and some others. Then went to State Dock and saw Marine Assist (Don) and had lunch. Then spent the rest of the day anchored under the first big cliff in the mouth of Beaver/Otter which ended up bring a great spot with a spectacular view. Saw LC Addict at Jamestown for a moment and dropped off her Pennant as well as a quick slip over to Crwky's to deliver his as well.

Getting to see all of them was icing on the cake of a wonderful day. However the trip back thru the funk and it getting dark on me was a real bummer. Not sure which way we will go today, I have thought about driving down to Beaver Creek Marina and putting in there.

Does this Bubbles even come to the lake anymore? I hear about her she has even sent me messages but she is hard tho find. I even went to the depths of Harmon Creek in search for her. Oh well mabey one of these days :( :(
Thanks E for the personal delivery ;)
___ you did not miss anything in Harmon there was nothing going on there.....NOT :D =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Bubbles does exist. I was pulling out from the Island on the other side of the ridge from Cave Springs yesterday and saw her and Pneeb floatin along. Apparently they like Howl and Chillin better than you.. :p

They even saw Dolphin at state! :))
crwky

Post by crwky »

I may have found her boat but no sign of her :p :p
Attachments
memorial wknd 09 050.jpg
memorial wknd 09 050.jpg (259.91 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Maybe she was down below taking a saftey nap... =))

Return to “AMIDSHIPS Lounge”