Ohio Navy - Captain's List

A lounge in the center of the forum created for use by Ohio Navy.com

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky, OhioNavyCom

OhioNavyCom
Marina/Ramp: Burnside

Ohio Navy - Captain's List

Post by OhioNavyCom »

Just want everyone to know I've added a "Captain's List" to OhioNavy.com. It's like "Angie's List" that advertises on TV. It's a place to go and let us know where/who you've received good or bad service. Perhaps a nice restaurant or, a bad mechanic.

All comments are "yours" and opinions only. I will remain neutral.

For example, I've tried and waited since May 19th to get estimates to repair some of my upper deck seating. It's probably a $2000 job. When I called the vendor today, I was told with the hot and wet weather they haven't been able to get here to do the estimate. My boat is at Lee's Ford. The vendor works from their home about six miles away.

This would be an experiece to share so others would not even start without at least asking for estimates from other vendors (like I should have).

On the flip side, "I" entered the first comment, Harbor Restaurant. I've had the BEST sirloin steak meals at Harbor Restaurant, consistently since April. They are reasonably priced and comes with lots of food. They also "really" took good care of us when I made reservations on our anniversary.

Enough of my rambling. Check it out.

By the way, I need to find a vendor that does the decals and striping on houseboats. The one I used to use went out of business.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Ohio Navy - Captain's List

Post by E_ »

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Buzzy
Contributor

Post by Buzzy »

Watched the people working on State Dock boats putting those giant size water splash decals on. They did a great job in the wind even. Don't know who they work for, but someone at SD could tell you.
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

I don't know what the water splash decals are. Can you give me more information?

SQUAK wrote:Watched the people working on State Dock boats putting those giant size water splash decals on. They did a great job in the wind even. Don't know who they work for, but someone at SD could tell you.
Buzzy
Contributor

Post by Buzzy »

Decal covers a good portion of the length of the boat and is blue, looks like a wave splashing. You must have seen a SD rental somewhere on the lake.
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

I didn't know that! Yes, I have seen the SD rentals with the blue splash. I thought those were factory placed so, never made the connection. Thanks! I will contact SD to get some info.

SQUAK wrote:Decal covers a good portion of the length of the boat and is blue, looks like a wave splashing. You must have seen a SD rental somewhere on the lake.

Return to “AMIDSHIPS Lounge”