Shinbone

A lounge in the center of the forum created for use by Ohio Navy.com

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky, OhioNavyCom

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Shinbone

Post by E_ »

Hey thats one of my favorite places to Anchor out! lol

Is the cove covered in vegitation now? I always stay on the outside (cliff side)

http://ohionavy.com/sys-tmpl/shinbonela ... _all.nhtml
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
OhioNavyCom
Marina/Ramp: Burnside

Re: Shinbone

Post by OhioNavyCom »

It is definately my favorite place to go this year. I too, like to anchor on the cliff side, right at the "skull".

The inside cove still has water. Pictures on OhioNavy.com are actually from the cove. It's not as large as when the water levels were up.

E_HILLMAN wrote:Hey thats one of my favorite places to Anchor out! lol

Is the cove covered in vegitation now? I always stay on the outside (cliff side)

http://ohionavy.com/sys-tmpl/shinbonela ... _all.nhtml
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

See you there tomorrow?
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

We have guests tomorrow through Monday. Right now the plan is Needle Point for tomorrow then, if weather permits, Shinbone on Saturday. I carry a portable radio on the boat and monitor channel 16.

We will most likely be in our runabout, a blue and white Seaswirl with a dark blue bimini.

E_HILLMAN wrote:See you there tomorrow?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well we were at Shinbone all morning, then around Needle oint to Clifty and then on over to Leesford for Lunch. Back near conley now.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Thanks for the invite to lunch at Lee's Ford! :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sorry about that it was very random. This whole day has been, Julie is not with us and is at home feeling a little queezy. She made JP and I go on down to the lake early this am and we have just been floating around aimlessly

We did see Rockin Rod however.
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

That has been us today. With the threat of rain on Saturday, we went to Skull Mountain today, anchored and hung out until evening, ate at Conley, watched the sun set at the mouth of Fishing Creek, then came in for the evening.

We will most likely be at Needle Point on Fishing Creek tomorrow. This time in a Myacht houseboat.

E_HILLMAN wrote:Sorry about that it was very random. This whole day has been, Julie is not with us and is at home feeling a little queezy. She made JP and I go on down to the lake early this am and we have just been floating around aimlessly

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Sorry about that it was very random. This whole day has been, Julie is not with us and is at home feeling a little queezy. She made JP and I go on down to the lake early this am and we have just been floating around aimlessly

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I can take a hint. Sorry about Julie. Hope she's feelin' better.

Really sorry ya had to see Rod! =)) =)) =))
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “AMIDSHIPS Lounge”