Party Coves!

A lounge in the center of the forum created for use by Ohio Navy.com

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky, OhioNavyCom

OhioNavyCom
Marina/Ramp: Burnside

Party Coves!

Post by OhioNavyCom »

Memorial Day weekend was terrific at Lake Cumberland! Especially after missing an entire boating season last year.

The lake shoreline has changed a lot. Some hang outs or, party coves, are gone now. And, we found some new coves.

Clifty Creek is definitely a new party cove.

If anyone left early on Sunday, thinking the gloomy sky was a sign of a bad day (we did some people leave), you really missed a great day.

Look how calm and clear the water was on Sunday:
Attachments
Ohio-Navy---Clear-Water.jpg
Ohio-Navy---Clear-Water.jpg (24.87 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Party Coves!

Post by E_ »

Sunday was indeed Beautiful. Monday was nice as well...

Here is a bit of Sunday
Attachments
Anchored Out past conley5-24-2009.jpg
Anchored Out past conley5-24-2009.jpg (56.89 KiB) Viewed 4432 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

We anchored past Conley on Sunday. We were on the shinbone side, in front of the next cove. The debris beyond this area turned out to be to much so we hung out, got in the water for a while and headed back towards Lee's Ford later. It was a great day

E_HILLMAN wrote:Sunday was indeed Beautiful. Monday was nice as well...

Here is a bit of Sunday
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

When we left and rounded the curve that let you see Conley, I turned around and saw this "in" my boat wake. I guess he thought he was on his Sea-Doo.

OhioNavyCom wrote:We anchored past Conley on Sunday. We were on the shinbone side, in front of the next cove. The debris beyond this area turned out to be to much so we hung out, got in the water for a while and headed back towards Lee's Ford later. It was a great day

E_HILLMAN wrote:Sunday was indeed Beautiful. Monday was nice as well...

Here is a bit of Sunday
Attachments
Ohio-Navy---Memorial-Day11.jpg
Ohio-Navy---Memorial-Day11.jpg (22.18 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Thats a little close!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Thats a little close!
See that WAY to often. It scares the bejeezus outta me, sea-doo or boat.

:ymtongue:

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Wow, those are some good pics you have out on your site Ohio Navy!
http://www.ohionavy.com/sys-tmpl/ohiona ... _all.nhtml
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

Thank you! Some are a little blurry as, I was taking them while driving. I sure could use some pics from other parts of the lake. Mine are from the Lee's Ford and Conley end. However, It appears I have some extended time off from work and hope to travel the lake a little further.
E_HILLMAN wrote:Wow, those are some good pics you have out on your site Ohio Navy!
OhioNavyCom

Post by OhioNavyCom »

Well, this pic is about ten seconds after I noticed him and he moved. I first saw him in the middle of my wake. Thought he was coming to join us at 25 knots. It was pretty scary.
FasterThanYou wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:Thats a little close!
See that WAY to often. It scares the bejeezus outta me, sea-doo or boat.

:ymtongue:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

OhioNavyCom wrote:Thank you! Some are a little blurry as, I was taking them while driving. I sure could use some pics from other parts of the lake. Mine are from the Lee's Ford and Conley end. However, It appears I have some extended time off from work and hope to travel the lake a little further.
E_HILLMAN wrote:Wow, those are some good pics you have out on your site Ohio Navy!
You are welcome to any I post but I am not really "Ohio Navy" so they might not count. Dolphin takes some WONDERFUL pictures around State Dock send him a PM and maybe he will throw a few over. Crwky is part of the KY Navy and has some really nice Harmon creek pics.

Return to “AMIDSHIPS Lounge”