Clifty Creek - Your New Neighborhood Party Cove

A lounge in the center of the forum created for use by Ohio Navy.com

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky, OhioNavyCom

OhioNavyCom
Marina/Ramp: Burnside

Clifty Creek - Your New Neighborhood Party Cove

Post by OhioNavyCom »

It appears that Clifty Creek has become a pretty coooool party cove, compliments of the Army Corp of Engineers.

If you go there send OhioNavy.com some pictures for the Ohio Navy and everyone else to see. Send them to: [email protected]

Here is a link to more pictues we took: http://www.ohionavy.com/sys-tmpl/lakecu ... iftycreek/
Attachments
Party on !!!
Party on !!!
Party-Cove---Clifty-Creek-4.jpg (152.07 KiB) Viewed 7895 times
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Clifty Creek - Your New Neighborhood Party Cove

Post by E_ »

Great Pics on your site Ohio Navy :ymapplause:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
DMS

Post by DMS »

Partys at Clifty Creek are nothing new. We were there most all day and only saw two boats tied up in the big cove with two more in the back. Thats what I like about Sundays.
OhioNavyCom
Marina/Ramp: Burnside

Post by OhioNavyCom »

We did the same today. It was quiet. Actually, I'd rather be on the main lake or somewhere where the water is deeper.

We spent this evening at the mouth of Fishing Creek watching the sun set. It was spectacular. Something I will never take for granted.

At the risk of sounding sappy, Lake Cumberland is so spectacular on Sunday evenings when everyone has gone, the lake is calm, the sky is orange from the sunset, and the evening air is just cool enough for a UK sweatshirt. (sorry Ohio State)
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Denmark- wrote:Partys at Clifty Creek are nothing new. We were there most all day and only saw two boats tied up in the big cove with two more in the back. Thats what I like about Sundays.

Denmark,

Ohio Navy is talking about the Clifty Creek over in Fishing Creek. I believe you are referring to the one behind Jamestown Marina.

The Clifty Creek over there off of Fishing Creek gets pretty well packed. It is the new party spot since the new lake level is not allowing a lot of boats in the old party cove down in the South Fork.

It is amazing how many names for things get duplicated.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

I used to go there all the time when the lake was high. It was a great relaxing place except for the few that thought it would make a good place to pull tubes and skiers. :ymtongue:

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

You gonna get us some good clifty creek pics from this weekend and the Thunderrun weekend coming up?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
dkblinux98
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by dkblinux98 »

This is my favorite spot on the lake. We call it eagle cove because we go there to watch the eagles feed. I spend the night there regularly. I also wrote a book I named eagle cove as some of the fiction takes place there.

Return to “AMIDSHIPS Lounge”