Welcome - if you are new join us on Facebook as well

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Welcome - if you are new join us on Facebook as well

Post by E_ »

We have a facebook group page at:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 800&ref=ts
It is open to anyone that is a member of any of the Lake Cumberland Forums or just anyone that loves KY in General.

Also if you want you can post what your login is there so we all connect better.

If you join please try to post every now and then. I am thinking about at a minimum people need to post once after joining. If after a year of joining if someone has not posted once I may start pruning users.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Re: Welcome - if you are new join us on Facebook as well

Post by Pac22 »

To whom it may concern:
My reason for not joining Facefock.........
I have heard good things about Faceplant, but also some very bad things. One bad thing out weighs 100 good things. I just don't want to be a part of the bad things.
Also, I try to keep to myself. I don't want everyone knowing my every move. Or having my mug pasted all over for all to see(although I know it is) X( . Recently someone posted some not so flattering pics of my wife on their page and she caught hell from peeps at her work. X(

As I've said MANY times, I like to fly under the radar. Kasie and I have had talks about joining and we feel it is our best interest not to.

So, not gonna happen anytime soon. :)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

_____ wrote:

As I've said MANY times, I like to fly under the radar. Kasie and I have had talks about joining and we feel it is our best interest not to.

As have we. I've got one trouble maker here in town that's been a pain in my a$$ with all the lies they started spreading about me. I really don't need the stalker following any more.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Some people need to get a life/job/significant other....something to do besides cause other people trouble.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

If you have a facebook account you can set it where NO ONE can see ANYTHING in your account without you adding them and still yet even then you can limit their access. (VERY easy to do)

Then you have facebook access and are able to keep up with all kinds of old friends and block many as well ;)

Then you are not let out of the circle. You guys are missing a LOT!

http://facebookstalker.wikia.com/wiki/R ... e_facebook
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Who needs facebook when we have LakeCumberlandBoaters.com ???? :D :D :D

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

FasterThanYou wrote:Who needs facebook when we have LakeCumberlandBoaters.com ???? :D :D :D
Agree 100%
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

_____ wrote:To whom it may concern:
My reason for not joining Facefock.........
I have heard good things about Faceplant, but also some very bad things. One bad thing out weighs 100 good things. I just don't want to be a part of the bad things.
Also, I try to keep to myself. I don't want everyone knowing my every move. Or having my mug pasted all over for all to see(although I know it is) X( . Recently someone posted some not so flattering pics of my wife on their page and she caught hell from peeps at her work. X(

I got a call from a friend who is on here, and his wife gave him some serious $hit about pictures that was captured from his boat poker run weekend; he wasn't even in the pictures to my knowledge...
Now my wife is on facebook, I AM DOOMED!!! =)) =)) =))
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
Lisa
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown

Post by Lisa »

I like Facebook as I have found several family members I didnt know I had and have talked to kids from high school and college. Hell, even been in touch with a few from grade school, so I do enjoy it. I respect those who dont want to sign up and I do understand there is a certain thing as too much info. Just gotta be mindful of what you are posting....much like any forum you post on. I hate that it has diminished lake forum activites but the ones you are truly friends with, you find ways to keep in touch. I am glad that E and Howl have set up groups on FB though, i have gotten to talk to folks that I probably never would have when there were just the three lake forums.

Faster...looked for you on Saturday. Are you and D still in the purple lot??
Dehydrated
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

selfmedicated wrote:
Faster...looked for you on Saturday. Are you and D still in the purple lot??
Yes, but we weren't there Saturday. The next game we make will probably be EKU. We've got a crazy schedule this fall with the kids stuff and a trip to Florida next month.

We'd love to see you and Frank next time we're up. I'll give you directions to where we will be.

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Still not jumping on that bandwagon, but then I never was one to "follow the crowd" :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just a reminder we have a facebook group as well.

...actually we have a few now
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/58577325800/ Lake Cumberland Boaters.com
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/227577780649627/ Dale Hollow Boaters.com
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/201786226581563/ Green River Lake Boaters

Just another way to keep up with your favorite lake and also to be able to track events and have reminders.
Currently we have events started for the Spring Forum/s Party as well as the Louisivlle Boat Show.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ALSO, please update your profile with some of your info (at least as much as you are comfortable with). Remember people that are not members can not see your profile info anyway ;) As I have it set to only allow members to see each other's info that they have entered.

here is mine for example
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

Try seeing it while not logged in and then log and and try it.

It would be good if you would include where you boat, what marine you mostly use etc.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thinking about pruning users that have been members for a year but have not posted even once since joining. ...so if you Join. Be sure to post and let us know you are real. Sure some spammers will do that as well but we will eventually catch them ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Speaking of Facebook and Pruning. I have several Lake Friends on my facebook friend's list. Tonight or tomorrow I will be trimming that list down drastaclly to mainly people that I know well enough that we have shared considerable time together, visited one or the others or both homes, etc. Mostly all that will be left on my facebook list will be long time childhood friends, co-workers that I actually hang out with outside of work, etc. Sure there will be a couple lake people but that is because we did visit a lot more (not just at some ineebriated party) over the years on the lake. I'm sure some that I remove I will add back over the years as we get to know one another better. I just want to zero myself back in some and PLEASE do not think I am angry, have an issue, etc. with anyone that is removed. Please don't hate on me for it. lol I'm just doing some soul searching and trying to balance my life some and get some focus.

Please continue to pick on me here and the LakeCumberlandBoaters.com Facebook page. ...and if you haven't PLEASE put your birthday in the forum as I have been cheating here lately and using facebook to tell me when to make someone a cake. lol Through the group we can still be "facebook" friends. ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

‎406 down to 360 in round 1. :-/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Aquadisiac1994
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by Aquadisiac1994 »

Thank you for letting me join.
We have been enjoying Lake Cumberland for almost 25 years. I am sure I am going to enjoy reading and learning from your forum.
I found this forum from your FaceBook page.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Glad to have you! Lots of info here. 25 years? I'm thinking you might have some good throw back Thursday photos to share!

Return to “Welcome to the Forum!”