MARINE ASSIST - Dale Hollow announcement

This is here for companies that have businesses in the boating industry to post a link to their site and especially for the Lake Cumberland Area.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Discontinuation of service announcement for Dale Hollow Lake.

Effective September 13, 2013, MARINE ASSIST will no longer provide 24 hour boat tow service on Dale Hollow Lake. This includes service for members or non members. We have had to take a hard look at the last 5 years of business there on that lake and have decided the level of customer interest and the lack of marina, Corps of Engineers and Law Enforcement support will not allow us to continue 24/7/365 operations there.

Over the last 5 years MARINE ASSIST has responded to only 12 tow calls. Although Hendrick's Creek Marina and Sunset Marina do promote our services, the lack of overall business there despite their efforts and ours simply makes it impractical to continue there. I never quit anything, but keeping a boat on Dale Hollow stopped making sense long ago.

I truly apologize to those of you that have done your best to try and promote our services there. I really appreciate your support, but the majority there would simply rather not support our business. I will do my best moving forward to ensure anyone buying yearly memberships will know we no longer will service them on Dale Hollow Lake.

MARINE ASSIST will still be available as needed for any sunken vessel recovery work on Dale Hollow Lake now and in the future.

This does not affect our business on Lake Cumberland.

It is like I always tell people: support the business or lose it.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: MARINE ASSIST - Dale Hollow announcement

Post by E_ »

Sort to hear it didn't work out, my guess is the same rea$on they don't come to Cumberland is why it didn't
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “Boating Specific Commercial Announcements and Links”