Custom Drapes & Upholstery

This is here for companies that have businesses in the boating industry to post a link to their site and especially for the Lake Cumberland Area.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

HouseDressings
I posted something! WooHoo!

Custom Drapes & Upholstery

Post by HouseDressings »

House Dressings Fabric Store is a large fabric store offering drapery, outdoor, upholstery & marine grade vinyl. Our prices are about 1/4th of retail. We will come to your boat to measure, pickup furniture, cornice boards & install, or bring us your old drapes, etc. and we will redo them. We are located at light #22 on S. Hwy27 in Somerset. (next to Dollar General) We also have fabric sample books as well. We have 3 full time upholsterers and 4 full time seamstresses with many years experience in making boats beautiful. We offer free design service as well if your boat is stuck in the 80's. See us on facebook as well.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Custom Drapes & Upholstery

Post by E_ »

Do you do Sunbrella enclosures?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I was wondering the same thing E....I need a new cockpit and bow cover made, with snaps installed. I've been shopping around for the right price point but want a quality fabric like Sunbrella. I'll be peeking at this thread often, as my Sunbrella covers are kaput after 6 1/2 years, threads unraveling all around. Either I get new ones or I need to buy a sewing machine, and then learn how to use it. /:) :ymtongue: :-\ :-s
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Just a FYI, in the top left under where it says new topic there is a subscribe button that you can click so you get a e-mail if there is a reply to a thread you want to watch. ;)
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
HouseDressings

Post by HouseDressings »

We have done a few if we have the old ones as patterns. We generally do pinch pleat drapes, custom fit bedspreads and recover your sofa. The Sunbrella we carry is for patio cushions. You really want a heavier weight Sunbrella for outside enclosures. There is a place in Russell Springs that specializes in these. I have the number at work. I am at home right now. I can order the weight of fabric you want and in fact just got in 50 yards of red for my own boat cover.
HouseDressings

Post by HouseDressings »

We really don't specialize in those. Have repaired them for people. We mostly work on the decor aspect of the boat. Making new pinch pleat lined drapes, recovering your sofa, new bedspreads, etc.. We carry sunbrella fabric at a great price, usually $12.95 per yard but, it is patio cushion weight as we recover alot of those as well. You want the heavier canvas weight. I just ordered some heavy duty, vinyl backed outdoor fabric for my own boat cover.
There is a shop in Russell Springs that specailizes in those. I have the number at work and am at home right now. Will try to remember to post.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Thanks E.
Happy camper and happy boater!!

Return to “Boating Specific Commercial Announcements and Links”