Appliances

Please feel free to pass out information about where you can find American products and services here... As most of you know it is really important to me to support our American workers whenever we can...

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Appliances

Post by E_ »

Most of the time you only see ones like Subzero etc. list but I forgot to update this when I bought some appliances.

Frigidaire has some (or did in 2011) items still made here:

Frigidaire, produces dishwashers for both brands at their Kinston, North Carolina, plant.
Another factory in Anderson, South Carolina, builds 15- to 18-cubic foot top-freezer refrigerators and premium wine coolers.
They make stoves in TN.
2011 I replaced most of my appliances
I think my stove was made in Springfield or something like that Tennessee but definitely somewhere in TN, USA.
My dryer was made in Indiana I think but definitely USA
My Clothes washer was Georgia, USA
My refrigerator was made in St. Cloud MN I think but the label inside the fridge says Made in USA of foreign and domestic parts. Apparently the compressors for all brands are made either in Mexico or Asia pacific. For mine I'm pretty sure it was in a Electrolux plant in Juarez Mexico.

On appliances like above I learned the box no longer really says much and you have to walk around and check the plate inside or on the back of the appliance. Sometimes the distributor can help guide you.

Heck just going to their site you will see USA stamps on some of their items listed.
http://www.frigidaire.com/products/K...GGF3054MF.aspx
http://www.frigidaire.com/products/K...FTR1814LW.aspx

They are out there and I would guess most major brands have options without you having to buy something 10x more in price. For me I'm steering clear of antigun, China loving - GE though. lol
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Re: Appliances

Post by Pop-O »

Won't buy any more GE appliances. They don't pay as much income tax as I do. Crooked tax cheats.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !

Return to “Made in America”