Motor Scooter made in USA-- pretty rare I'm finding out!

Please feel free to pass out information about where you can find American products and services here... As most of you know it is really important to me to support our American workers whenever we can...

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Motor Scooter made in USA-- pretty rare I'm finding out!

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

http://www.genuinescooters.com/ , several different models from 50cc to 175cc, the Roughhouse 50cc is the one I have my eye on. Made in Chicago, 2 dealers listed in Lexington, 2 in Louisville, so I'll get to put my hands on one and try it out soon. 2 year warranty, free roadside asst., etc., mechanics and dealerships glad to perform maintenance and fix'em to keep you running....
You would not believe the research I've done and the hundreds of models made in China, Taiwan, Japan, and pick a country in Europe to add to the list. Most if not all the Asian scooters only come w/6 month warranty with parts and videos on how-to-fix-your-own-scooter. Not. I'm handy but don't wanna become a mechanic.
With the gas prices never going down, pretty much dooming us with 4-5.00 per gallon prices starting this summer, thought I'd share the info....let's see if I can post a pic here.

Happy camper and happy boater!!
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

Re: Detroit ‘Comeback' Ad Filmed in New Orleans, L.A.

I've never owned a foreign car, and I'm never gonna be able to find an American scooter, they are all made in Europe or Asia and a few are assembled here. I hate it, I've been looking and looking. I guess I'll start researching and digging around for a good used golf cart, made in the USA. :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I thought you were going ot get a roughhouse scooter.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member

I thought so too E, but I found out that they are designed and assembled in Chicago, but all their parts are made in China. A few parts made outside the USA is one thing, but ALL of them? I was told I might as well buy one of the real cheapos I see online for 700-800.00, 6 month warranty, after that, fix it yourself with this video and parts will be available, blah blah blah. Mechanics willing to work on these foreign p.o.s. are few if any. Otherwise, pay 2000.00+++ and get the 2 yr. warranty, with a handful of willing mechanics within legit dealerships, and we'll stick any logo you might like on there. Or, just pay 3000.00+++ and we'll sell you a Vespa. Still cheaper than most good used gas golfcarts, wtf-ever....
I'm still pondering..... :-? :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Hmm good point. Sad. :(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “Made in America”