Toys! Toys! Toys!

Please feel free to pass out information about where you can find American products and services here... As most of you know it is really important to me to support our American workers whenever we can...

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Toys! Toys! Toys!

Post by E_ »

Don't share this with Avery... Two of her Christmas presents came in today. Not that I want to show off what she is getting but I want to PUSH the mesage of MADE IN THE USA some more. Both of those presents that came in are made in the USA. I got them for a really good price. didn't have to leave the house and got free shipping! BUY MADE IN USA! THE job you save, JUST MIGHT BE YOUR OWN!
Made in USA.JPG
Made in USA.JPG (66.78 KiB) Viewed 9053 times
MADEINUSA.JPG
MADEINUSA.JPG (198.14 KiB) Viewed 9053 times
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002FQUHK
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HVTIJQ

And yes I know the age suggesting is a bit over her but i bet she has fun with it! She got a lil doll house and she pretty much instantly knew how to "play house" with it. She even puts the mommy, daddy, and baby in the bed at night when she plays.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Toys! Toys! Toys!

Post by katie »

She'll be serving up you milk and cookies in no time! Great find! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Found another good site today http://www.usab2c.com/category/americanmadetoys it is not just for toys.

BTW I am looking for a good made in USA Toy Chest. Most of the ones I have found still have a couple bad comments on Amazon.com like issues with screws etc. Still better reviews than the foreign stuff but nothing has stood out as excellent yet.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

BTW this one is too expensive http://www.amishfurniturehouse.com/blan ... f-301.html lol
I've been looking at Little Colorado, all of theirs are made in the USA and they use green standards and seem pretty nice.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Colorado-T ... 545&sr=1-4 Thought about this one and putting the finish on myself http://www.amazon.com/Little-Colorado-S ... 508&sr=1-1 But that one is pretty plain and square. Have also thought of making my own. Guess I would then need to find me a made in USA router (or get real creative with my rotozip... lol)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I did not look at those above but you absolutely should be making her toy chest!!! Soooo easy and yes, you could make it extra special with some engraving inside the lid especially for her! Every time she opens it there would be a note from daddy... :ymhug: :x :-*

Or even better yet, have a small plaque made to put inside with an engraved message on it, then if something happens to the chest throughout the many years of love abuse, she'll be able to remove the plaque and keep it.... I have a cedar chest that pappaw & the kids did that for me... love it :)
Orrrrr, do both, she will love it forever!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

There is nothing like having a toy box that her Daddy made just for her....

http://www.free-diy-plans.com/plans-toy-box.htm
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

But Daddy is more of a metal worker. Never was really good with making woodwork look nice. This might take some time. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

In another thread CRWKY asked a question that I never replied to, here is that response.
crwky wrote:We used Dr. Browns also they are good ones. Let me know how you do with the toys and car seats......
FYI my dad makes some nice tire swings / horse swings I think he could get it to all US products if you have not found any toys for her by the time she is three she should be able to enjoy it.

Just saw this, I did not have a hand in purchasing the first car seat but the ones we purchased a few months ago 2 were made in USA costco seats and one was another higher price brand with more padding etc but was also made in USA and when you peel the padding back you could tell it was the same frame as the other seats we have.

For toys I have found that a quick search on Amazon.com for the specific toy with "Made in USA" in the search normally finds me about all I need.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well, outdoor days are here.

Just placed an order for two more MADE IN USA items. Found a cool promo code by searching Little Tike promo code that saved me some $$$$$. Always a good idea to search for one when on a site like that. ;)
Attachments
MADE IN USA.JPG
MADE IN USA.JPG (79.01 KiB) Viewed 8735 times
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

E that's great that you saved $44 dollars on your purchase but you are giving a little bit of a false advertisement there. Although you did save $44 dollars on your purchase you forgot to deduct the $18 dollasrs for the case of beer you will drink trying to put that play house together. So now your down to $26, and then when you figure that you have to call "Spare" to come over and help because you can't figure the directions out that's gonna cost you some pizza too - $20, now your down to $6. Then when you figure in the Aloe that you have to buy because you spent the whole day out in the sun and you got burnt - $10, realisticlly you are gonna be $4 dollars in the hole. =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

So are you volunteering for me to give you two cases of beer and a pizza to come put it together?
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

Yeah sure, but I will need you to bring it to the cottage because if I enter the state of Kentucky there is only one place I am heading! I didn't spend all winter doing this project not to enjoy it now!
Attachments
lake.jpg
lake.jpg (112.17 KiB) Viewed 8437 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lookin good! Not a problem I'll sit on the deck and look at the lake while you put it together. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

https://www.facebook.com/tonka/posts/56 ... ed_comment
Foreign Tonka.JPG
Foreign Tonka.JPG (82.71 KiB) Viewed 8437 times
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Wow, after reading their response to your original post, they seem to want to twist their own words into what they want you to think is that all Americans recognize the tonka name and have loved their toys since 1947. The entire box is labeled like it's manufactured here and is very misleading to say the least. Since I don't have a facebook page and hubby don't like it when I post something or like something using his, I will show him your post and let him decide to comment. It needs to be out there in the open for others to see thru this kinda crap.
Happy camper and happy boater!!

Return to “Made in America”