Anchor

Please feel free to pass out information about where you can find American products and services here... As most of you know it is really important to me to support our American workers whenever we can...

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Anchor

Post by E_ »

http://www.americanmadeproducts.com/pro ... 004-ch.htm
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product ... ts&i=33822
33824_L1.jpg
33824_L1.jpg (24.99 KiB) Viewed 6294 times
Description

This unique shank configuration provides a full 90° of rotation allowing the flukes (sharp points that dig into the bottom) to penetrate deeply with a full 45° angle assures greater holding surface and enables the anchor to perform best with approximately a 2:1 ratio line to depth (Not the 7:1 as recommended for all other fluke style anchors). The angle of the slip ring shank makes the anchor 100% retrievable-it's the only anchor that can be retrieved straight up without the use of a separate trip line.

This anchor is made of solid steel, high tensile strength construction. All welds extend the entire length, on both sides, of all adjoining surfaces. Each anchor is hand crafted and individually inspected to ensure the highest quality possible.

This anchor comes in 3 sizes to best fit your needs.

100% Made in USA

Features
ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE

•4 X More Holding Power
•100% Retrievable
•Requires 70% Less Anchor Line (Only 1-1 1/2 to 2 times anchor line to depth ratio.)
•Strong-Light Weight
•Lifetime Guarantee (Full replacement if ever anchor becomes unusable due to bending or breaking.)

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Anchor

Post by E_ »

Coupon code save5now is a facebook coupon code to reduce your price by $5 It or take5 should work but you may need to have a total of at least $50 to use them.

Look here for other coupon codes
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/america ... oducts.com
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I instead of ordering the regular one went ahead and upped mine to a 36-30' boat one in case one day in the next decade I finally make the leap and get a cruiser... lol Otherwise this total would have been less.
Attachments
Anchor.JPG
Anchor.JPG (41.56 KiB) Viewed 8384 times
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

So, do you know how well these work? I need a new anchor, my only complaint is they dont give me the option of buying it with the chain.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Those type are supposed to work very well. I have a similar design now (fluke) and I can get it to hook up with no chain with no issues. The problem with it is that one of the bars is broken and this design looks a little more sturdy.
bajababe342
Marina/Ramp: Sunset Marina

Post by bajababe342 »

This looks similiar to what we have now.
It holds pretty well although we've had some difficulity staying anchored at times due to waves or currents and we had to throw another anchor off the back
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I have a similar anchor that I have been using that is a fluke anchor.

This one claims to hold more than a fluke and easier.

It just came today (there was a dely in my order because someone forgot to ship it or something). Anyway it is smaller than I thought it would be but seems VERY sturdy (we will see).

It also had a card in the box that said to NOT use chain with it and to use rope only. Hmm. That is good if it works better with just rope as chain is just another hassel. I have been using my fluke anchor with just rope as well (it is supposed to have 3' of chain) with lots of success and if this one is better sounds good to me.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:-(

First of all, let me start by saying we share your appreciation in American Made Products. Over the past four years we have valued you, our Customer, and have appreciated your support. Unfortunately, as time progresses, we continue to discover many of our vendors have gone out of business, have increased their costs, or have been forced to import product in order to stay in business. These changes effect our ability to serve you and honor the principles behind AmericanMadeProducts.com. It has always been our #1 priority to promote and sell products solely made in the USA. We have come to a cross road where we can not continue to best serve our Customers with the growing changes we are facing. It is with great regret to announce we are closing our web store at this time. We will not give up our passion to buy and support products made in the USA. We also encourage you to do the same. With that being said, we will be leaving the site open until November 15, 2013 to allow any last purchases and/or gift cards to be used. After this date the site will no longer be available.
Again we thank you for all your support and wish you the very best.

From all of our staff @ AmericanMadeProducts.com
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Return to “Made in America”