Made in USA General News topics

Please feel free to pass out information about where you can find American products and services here... As most of you know it is really important to me to support our American workers whenever we can...

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Made in USA General News topics

Post by E_ »

Feel free to paste em if ya got em.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Elma NY made in USA store only has made in USA products

Post by E_ »

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Elma-Bus ... 09723.html
Elma Business Owner Turns USA Made Store into AttractionBy Laura Gray
Bio | Email| Follow: @LauraGraywkbw

Click here for video http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Elma-Bus ... 09723.html

February 28, 2011

Updated Feb 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM EST

Elma, NY ( WKBW) -- After competition from China forced Mark Andol to make difficult layoffs at his welding company, he began searching for a way to hold on to American jobs. That discovery has led to international attention and put his "Made in America" store on the map.
"The playing field is just not even and when you lay off good workers that want to work, it really affects you. It brings tears to your eyes. They're tearing up. They want to work in this country and can't find a job." That's why Mark Andol decided to take action and start the "Made in America" store.
"A lot of people bet against us. They didn't think we'd make it with a Made in America store in our own country."
He built what he believes to be the only Made in American store in the country. It's built right across the street from his welding company in Elma.
The store is stocked with paper towels, jeans, food, socks, and grills all made in the USA.
"There's a lot of unique products in here that you don't see anywhere else." Jeff Walls of Burlington, Ontario bought a magnetic toy for his niece. Walls say products made in North America are usually higher quality. "There are a lot of things made somewhere else but the quality here seems to be really carefully checked and researched."
According to it's website, the FTC requires that all or virtually all of any product with the Made in USA logo be made and processed in the USA. But Andol takes that one step further. "The components have to be made here. The product itself and the packaging, the plastic or the glue. We ask for a letter of authenticity." If he can't buy it, he builds it. Even the counter, the phone, and most of the computer used in the store are made in the USA.
For those who say USA products are too expensive, Andol says consider the real cost of foreign products, "Even the big box stores of the world, they have lowest prices, but if you don't have a paycheck you cant pay the low prices." He adds, "It helps our country, so people again can get a quality job and a quality livelihood. And possibly live the American dream."
There's a link to his website on our website under newslinks. World News begins the first installment of it's Made in America series Monday night. See how a Texas family reacts when their home is filled with products only made in the USA.
E_
Site Admin

Re: Made in USA General News topics

Post by E_ »

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Electronic accessories for ipads, pods and chit, lol... MADE IN USA!

http://www.thoughtout.biz/
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin

Viewpoint: Wind Power for the World, 'Made in USA'

Post by E_ »

http://www.industryweek.com/articles/vi ... 25215.aspx
Viewpoint: Wind Power for the World, 'Made in USA'
Can American manufacturers, paying fair wages, abiding by environmental regulations and paying their fair share of U.S. taxes compete against Chinese-government backed companies determined to rule this alternative energy field?

By Julie Reiser, president, Made in USA Certified, Inc.

July 28, 2011

More News »Aeronautica Wind Power, LLC., based in Plymouth, Mass. is a company that designs and builds wind turbines. A small group of extremely bright, innovative entrepreneurs started this company to provide domestic alternative energy sources to the U.S. and abroad.

The current Administration has long promoted the idea of developing alternative energy solutions for America and is a big proponent of all the new green jobs to be created in America. President Obama ran much of his presidential campaign on the idea that large number of private sector jobs would be created from this green industry sector. Americans recognize this as an important sector for growth.

What is important to acknowledge and what many don't realize is that the U.S. manufacturers and innovators in the green and alternative energy sector are facing the same up-hill challenges that domestic manufactures have had to face for decades. Serious challenges in trade and competition are not going away or magically disappearing overnight.

Serious challenges like currency manipulation, low wage work force and slavery, aggressive out-pricing/ out-bidding practices, flooding and saturating whole markets with cheaper/underpriced goods, and open refusal to pay tariffs. These challenges provide foreign manufacturers and importers a very big and unfair advantage over domestic manufacturers. This advantage has led many companies to close their doors and cause entire industries to become virtually extinct in the United States. Some examples include the manufacturing of televisions or phones. There used to be a time, not long ago, when the U.S. manufactured televisions and phones, however now they are gone --EXTINCT!

As an advocate for U.S. manufactures, I was saddened by a December 2010, New York Times article entitled: "Wind Power for Boston, Made in China." The article explained how Sinovel, a state-owned company based in Beijing which is China's largest wind turbine manufacturer, had signed a contract with the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority to provide a 1.5-megawatt wind turbine. The Chinese wind turbine is proposed to provide electricity for a wastewater pumping station in the Charlestown neighborhood of Boston.

I thought this was not only extremely sad but, ironic that the city of Boston, home of the "Original Tea Party" would choose to purchase wind turbines from a Chinese company rather than one that was right in their backyard like Aeronautica Wind Power, LLC., which is an American owned and operated wind turbine manufacturer based less than 40 miles from the city of Boston in Plymouth, Mass.

However I was actually not surprised as this is the very common practice by both large multinational companies and our government which has completely destroyed our domestic manufacturing base and caused the U.S. to hemorrhage 2.4 million manufacturing jobs and counting since 2001.

The NY Times article goes on to state that "Sinovel, with a $6.5 billion line of credit from banks owned by the Chinese government, has said its goal was to become the world's largest manufacturer of wind turbines by 2015. It also said it intended to eventually realize half of its sales beyond China's borders."
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Attachments
AAC.JPG
AAC.JPG (20.62 KiB) Viewed 8483 times
E_
Site Admin

Family Vows to Buy Only American Products This Christmas

Post by E_ »

Gift Smaller because of Shipping? HRMPH, they should have interviewed me! I could have shown them how to get free shipping and how to get discounts on shipping etc at places like All American Clothing.com....

Oh well I applaud their efforts I just think they are sending the wrong message talking about a $200 pair of pajamas when there are plenty made in the USA that are just as good and closer to everyone's budgets. Just for example here are some made in the USA for $40 and up http://www.pajamamania.com/pajamas/wome ... c&limit=60 that showed up on my first internet search. $30 and up on my second search http://www.usab2c.com/category/pajamas_ ... y=priceAsc , Same here http://madeinusaforever.com/pajamas.html
Amazon.com has some stuff too http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... sort=price

Ok ok, here is the story...

http://www.foxlexington.com/newsroom/to ... _995.shtml
Family Vows to Buy Only American Products This Christmas

People may fight over $5 DVD’s on Black Friday to save money, but an Adair County family has an idea they believe will save jobs.

“If each American spent $64 this Holiday season on American made items, it can create 200,000 jobs,” said Tiffany Kessler.

Kessler and her husband Eddie made a vow to only buy presents bought in the USA this year.

Electronics are hard to find American made, but some other things surprised them.

“We were going to get my grandmother a pair of pajamas and the most inexpensive pair on-line, made in the United States , were $200, for a pair of pajamas,” she said.

The Kesslers say it’s been difficult in a small town like Columbia to find American made products. It’s been easier in larger cities, but they say they’ve had their best luck on the Internet.

The only problem there, you usually have to pay for shipping so they’ve had to scale back to keep within their budget.

“So maybe the gift is smaller, but it has a bigger impact,” she said.

This will be their son’s first Christmas , but buying for him has been the easiest.
“Made in America toys are actually more available than you would imagine,” she said.

Their goal is simple.

“It’s easy to sit back and think you can’t do anything about the economy, but we can start small, and that’s what we did, start small,” she said.

You can follow the family's efforts on a blog at http://www.redwhitebluelife.com
Same story here on WKYT
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Adai ... 83348.html
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18701 ... y-products#
Here is a vid link http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18701 ... Id=7363853

Glad she created a store like this. Sad it takes such an event to convince people to buy made in the USA when it is possible.
BLUE RIDGE, Ga. - A local woman was laid off and her job was outsourced overseas. Instead of looking for a new job, Robyn Posey decided to create one and help others keep their jobs in the process.

It may not inspire you to open your own business but it might at least inspire you to look a little more closely at the tags the next time you're shopping.

Robyn Posey created the store U.S. Only and became a business woman. The store sells many items including jewelry, clothing ranging from T-shirts to hunting apparel, and flags. All of it is made in the United States. She even bags items in her own store.

"We put a flag in every bag and our bags are made in the United States, also," said Posey.

Her store was born after she was laid off her job in 2010. She says she had a good resume but could not find work. Her former job went overseas and Posey was angry.

"I started looking in my closet, at all my clothes, and I had maybe one dress, no blue jeans and a couple of shirts that were made in America," said Posey.

That led to an online search for locally-made products. It was such a challenge she decided to make it easier on others.

"I sunk my life savings into it. I actually closed my personal bank account and just opened up a business account," recalled Posey.

Posey says she gains her strength from God, family and friends. She says she prays about the store everyday. It appears those prayers are paying off. Her biggest seller is Okabashi shoes from Buford.

"I saw on the news, I think it was channel 5, that they've added 150 more jobs, and I'm hoping that I had something to do with that," Posey said.

Though she never dreamed of being a business owner, Posey says finding "Made in America" tags is a job made for her.

U.S. Only is located at 11 Mountain St. in Blue Ridge, Georgia. They can be reached at 706-946-4872.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

My Guys. Elizabethown Ky.

http://www.mousercc.com/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

...you don't have to buy everything made in the USA but please when you can check the labels and make a difference. :ymsigh:

The United States Trade Imbalance with China

tradedefecit_2_.jpg
tradedefecit_2_.jpg (449.92 KiB) Viewed 7283 times

Our trade deficit with China has cost the United States economy a whopping $37.0 Billion in lost wages in 2011 according to a new Economic Policy Institute Report. Most certainly we can expect that annual wage losses will increase if the U.S. trade deficit with China increases as it did in 2012.

In addition, the U.S. China trade deficit displaced nearly 1.1. Million American jobs in computer and electronic equipment between 2001 and 2011, including a large number of high-wage jobs for college educated workers. Read more on this here.

So, what can “we” do about it?

Manufacturing! Let’s bring the jobs back, let’s bring the opportunity back, let’s bring our pride back! Making things is a part of who we are, and it is a part of who we will be. Together, we CAN create more jobs in the U.S.A.!

In fact did you know that this Friday, October 4th is Manufacturing Day?
Learn how manufacturers and educators all over the country are celebrating here.

Made in USA Certified is here to help YOU. How do you compete against importers that are re-labeling or competitors that are lying to gain market share? Let your competitors keep using those “generic" Made in USA claim(s) or logo(s) that anyone can download from Google and slap on their packaging or hang tags. Now with Made in USA Certified, you can distinguish yourself with a third party certification that is the only certification company in the Nation that does a complete supply chain audit that verifies Country of Origin of each and every component in your product.

So, folks--- as we say…..those are the “Nuts & Bolts”. Happy Hump Day!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

CAMARO BACK TO ITS RED BLOODED ROOTS!
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/story/d ... eG8CpQvDIg
USA.png
USA.png (414.96 KiB) Viewed 7050 times
E_
Site Admin

All American Clothing Featured on PBS

Post by E_ »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... wfG6qX7F58

The Beginning

It was 2002, Lawson Nickol had a job he enjoyed and an income that supported his family. As a sales manager for a USA jeans manufacturer, he believed he was doing the right thing by selling a product that was as American as “Mom, apple pie and baseball”. One evening while shopping in a retail store he discovered his company’s label on a pair of jeans; a style he had not seen before. His initial reaction was “great, our retail division has branched into a retail chain and that means healthy growth. This is good!”Wrong…. Lawson noticed the label indicated “Made in Mexico”. With a frantic and disappointing call to headquarters he confirmed the tag was accurate. Suddenly there was a disturbing realization; his employer had begun to outsource… Watch the video above for the rest of the story!

Our Mission

“Our mission is to support USA families and jobs by producing high-quality clothing in the USA at an affordable price. By keeping our production in the USA we provide jobs and a tax base that supports our communities.”

“We care about our country and the people in it; if we were only in it for money we would move our production overseas. We will NOT trade USA jobs for foreign profits…”
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Never realized they were made in KY until just now watching the video.

Return to “Made in America”