American Made Motorcycles takes a hit... :-(

Please feel free to pass out information about where you can find American products and services here... As most of you know it is really important to me to support our American workers whenever we can...

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

American Made Motorcycles takes a hit... :-(

Post by E_ »

I just got this from a friend on facebook. It appears Harley is dropping buell.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/15/harl ... mv-agusta/

Watch this video by Eric Buell and you will see it hurts him to deliver the news. THIS SUCKS! Just when they are winning big competitions etc. and were getting more popular. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSuIixDp ... r_embedded

I'm kinda pissed at Harley at the moment and I wish Buell would have never sold to them in the first place. No "corporation" can be trusted to do the right thing anymore... X(

But really more sad than anything... =((

There is info in the Buell SIte as well
http://www.buell.com/en_us/
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: American Made Motorcycles takes a hit... :-(

Post by E_ »

Sweet Erik Buell is getting back and looks to be even badder than ever.
http://www.erikbuellracing.com/motorcycles/1190rs/

Hope after getting up and running he starts to make some lower cost yet high performance onces like he was with the Buell Brand.

Lets all hope EBR Takes off.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Sweet Erik Buell is getting back and looks to be even badder than ever.
http://www.erikbuellracing.com/motorcycles/1190rs/

Hope after getting up and running he starts to make some lower cost yet high performance onces like he was with the Buell Brand.

Lets all hope EBR Takes off.

390lbs, 175hp, and $40K? :-o

I think it will be tough to sell the 100 he counts on making.....

Best of luck to him. I still count on buying a uly one day.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That is a super bike Imaposer. Look at the power to weight. There will be people that can afford and want it for sure. It is still very low priced compared to other bikes it outperforms. ;)
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:That is a super bike Imaposer. Look at the power to weight.

It's performance will be on par with all the other full bore sport bikes. It's not ground breaking, and those are the early specs. Let's see what it really is power to weight when it hits the street.

There will be people that can afford and want it for sure.
I'm not saying there isn't a market, but I think 100 buyers is going to be tough to find at that price point. I would buy a desmodeci over it for the same money, and have a bike that has much better heritage and world renowned cult following and most likely to stay worth the money.
It is still very low priced compared to other bikes it outperforms. ;)

No way this will ever be able to touted as a cost effective for the performance offered. The people who will be buying this will be doing it for the name, exclusivity, bling factor, and american feel good story.

I wish him well, but I think the timing is awful for a bike like this.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

He admits it is a bad time to try to get such a bike off the ground but he was winning in 2009 in almost every circuit with much lesser bikes. ;)

ALso, this bike is getting "tested" they are racing it now. They are just having some issues as they are being required to ADD weight to the bike to meet the minimum weight requirements. (which I think is sorta bs why should there be a minimum?)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

The similar Ducati bike. ;)

2011 Ducati 1198 R Corse
$39,995

I'd say he is pretty close on the price point and the Buell name has a pretty good following. I still like the 1125R because of its MUCH lower price and winning performance but those are not the bikes for me. I'm more of a Ulysses guy.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:The similar Ducati bike. ;)

2011 Ducati 1198 R Corse
$39,995

I'd say he is pretty close on the price point and the Buell name has a pretty good following. I still like the 1125R because of its MUCH lower price and winning performance but those are not the bikes for me. I'm more of a Ulysses guy.
We have a similar outlook on it. The Uly is the only Buell I've ever considered, and I will have one one day. As a ducatista, the multistrada is an embarrassment to the brand and you will never find one in my garage.

Seems like a great time to include a photo of my garage queen...

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well at least its not a Honda. lol
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I've got a garage queen I've been trying to sell.
Attachments
Harley1.jpg
Harley1.jpg (252.9 KiB) Viewed 7558 times
harley2.jpg
harley2.jpg (232.82 KiB) Viewed 7558 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I thought you just bought that one
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I have had it since December, That's when you buy Harley's and boats, but you notice that I don't allways listen to myself I bought a boat Friday.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Still going http://www.erikbuellracing.com/motorcycles/1190rs/
2013 RS SPECS

Engine

Type Liquid cooled V twin
Bore X Stroke 4.17 x 2.66 (106 x 67.5 mm)
Displacement 72.6 cu 1190 CC
Compression Ratio 13.6 :1
Fuel Delivery Dual 61mm throttle bodies
Exhaust Primary + Secondary
Peak Torque 97 ft-lbs @ 9400 rpm
Peak Horsepower 175 hp @ 9750 rpm

Drivetrain

Primary Drive Gear, 36/65
Final Drive 520 Chain, 16/41
Clutch Wet multi-plate, slipper
Transmission Ratios:
1st 2.46
2nd 1.75
3rd 1.38
4th 1.17
5th 1.04
6th 0.96

Dimensions

Seat Height 30.5″ (775 mm)
Rake 22
Trail 3.4″ (86 mm)
Lean Angle 55
Front Tire 120/70R- 17
Rear Tire 190/55R-17
Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal (17.1 L)
Wet Weight (No Fuel) 389 lbs (176 kg)

Chassis

Frame Aluminum frame with integral fuel reservoir
Swingarm Optimized stiffness aluminum
Front Suspension 43 mm Öhlins inverted fork, adjustable compression damping, rebound damping adjustable spring preload
Rear Suspension Öhlins fully adjustable TTX coil over monoshock with remote reservoir
Front Wheel 3.5″ x 17″ magnesium
Rear Wheel 6.0″ x 17″ magnesium
Front Brake ISO finned rotor, 8 piston caliper with cooling duct
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

d@mn that was a nice Harley I built, might need to look for another one........ ;)

Return to “Made in America”