Boat LED Switch over

A forum for you to ask and answer any Boat related technical question

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Boat LED Switch over

Post by E_ »

Last year I replaced all my cabin lights (have not replaced cockpit yet) with G4 LED bulbs. BIG BIG BIG wattage drop as each bulb before was 15-20 watts and now the LEDs are around 1-2 watts and brighter.
LED.jpg
LED.jpg (3.02 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
G4 Base 12V LED Light Bulb Replacement - Warm White Color - Disc Type Side Pin

Last week I ordered some 12volt LED light strips to help light certain areas on the boat.
For the cabin - ImageLED Strip light, Waterproof LED Flexible Light Strip 12V with 300 SMD LED, 3258 16.4 Foot / 5 Meter
Sold by SunnyStore8

For the cockpit (figured the red would cause less glare and might could use while underway if I just run it around near the floor
ImageXKTTSUEERCRR Waterproof Red LED 3528 SMD 300LED 5M Flexible Light Strip 12V 2A 24W 60LED/M
Sold by Xtek4U
(since it is waterproof I am tempted to put a 1' strip of red and a 1' strip of green up front on the proper sides to add to the navigation lights but don't want to get too ghetto fabulous.

I also ordered a LED replacement bulb for my stern light
HQRP BAY15d 24LED SMD5050 Bulb for Perko Base Mount White Stern Navigation Light 0200SNB 10-30V DC Cool White plus HQRP Coaster

The Navigation lights don't concern me too much on power use as generally if they are on, so is the engine but has anyone made the switch yet? Are these the right ones? (I have not looked at my bulb type yet) http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Festoon-Navi ... light+bulb
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “Boater Tech Swap”