Mounting Propane Grill on boat

A forum for you to ask and answer any Boat related technical question

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Mounting Propane Grill on boat

Post by E_ »

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... #pid427677

Hey all, I got my grill
231770F-p.jpg
231770F-p.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
in a few weeks ago and I still have yet to settle on a way to mount it to the boat. A lot of methods I have seen are just strap type ties on the side or back rails of cruisers. Some ore mounts that go in fishing rod holders.

I would like a mount that will let me remove the grill if I want but is also durable enough if I want to leave it in place. Those that just strap to the rails look like they would just flop down eventually.

I thought about doing like LPURCELL at http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum ... post769521 did with his but heck that table "MAG-T10-312" is $50 by itself
Plus add $40 -$70 per each gimbal type mount plus another $15 minimum for each fishing rod holder which you have to cut out the top of the side of the boat where I would want to mount. You can buy them together for around $100 and save a little but that is still another $120- $200 more invested.

As you can see he mounted on the back rail which I would think could come loose. Not to mention that table is a composite instead of metal. I am almost sold on "that" being ok but no the strap mounts and I want mine on the port side.
BBQ-web.jpg
BBQ-web.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 2999 times

Anyone have any better ideas? I contacted a stainless steel plate metal company and they could provide the plate but would not bend it etc. like i would want it as I was going to make the tray out of thin stainless plate (thick sheet metal) and some mounts.

Just can't make up my mind. Guess until I get it mounted I'll be grilling from the rear table. @-)

Marine Assist, you out there? Got any ideas in your shop? Maybe using Stainless Bimini pole hardware?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Mounting Propane Grill on boat

Post by re3too »

Can you say "Restaurant"? :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

That means pulling up anchor and going to a dock and bla bla bla. I could also use the alcohol stove in the cabin but would just like to grill out in a quiet cove far from the crazy Golf Cart Ridin shuffleboard clubs out there. ROFLMAO
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

Here's a pic of my rail mount E.
untitled (Custom).png
untitled (Custom).png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2977 times
untitled2.png
untitled2.png (735.89 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks! That is like some of the other rail ones I had seen. Does it hold on fine? I just thought they looked like they would flop over. My only experience with a rail mount was my bow pennant holder that always flopped over once I hit about 40 mph. I finally drilled through it and the rail and put a stainless screw in it. lol
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

It actually holds pretty good, occasionally when I first installed it it would droop a little, when it did I just pulled it up and tighten the screws a little more. Now my rail is slightly egg shaped (better than drilling a hole) and I never have to mess with it. I usually leave the grill on all summer and it never moves. I keep one of those small line levels on board to make sure it is level.

Return to “Boater Tech Swap”