Anchor Chain Price

A forum for you to ask and answer any Boat related technical question

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Anchor Chain Price

Post by E_ »

WOW! this is the cheapest I have seen yet for the 1/4 G4 Anchor chain. You have to e-mail these people to get a price quote but as you see here it is well worth the e-mail.

The second cheapest I found was $3.?? something a foot.

RE: Form InquiryMonday, August 6, 2012 11:47 AM
To: @lakecumberlandboaters.com

We have 1/4" G-4 HT Windlass Chain for $2/ foot.

Jack Hutchinson
954-525-6575 tel.
954-525-5887 fax.
www.ropeinc.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 11:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Form Inquiry

Name: E Hillman
CoName: LakeCumberlandBoaters.com
E-mail: EHillman
Address:
City:
State: KY
Zip:
Phone: 859
Fax:
Need: Other

Additional comments, questions or order: Looking for price for 100' of 1/4 G4 Chain.

For example defender.com has it for $3.09 a foot and they were the cheapest I saw until these guys above.

http://www.ropeinc.com/cat-galvanized-anchor-chain.html
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Anchor Chain Price

Post by E_ »

question, I am guessing there is a specific coupler to connect two pieces of this chain together and still work on the windlass?
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

E_HILLMAN wrote:question, I am guessing there is a specific coupler to connect two pieces of this chain together and still work on the windlass?
Hey E I just use a U shaped thingy with a screw in bolt that goes across the top. True "sailors" recommend you wire it so it can not accidentally come open and there goes your anchor.

Uhhh I don't know if this applies to your windlass type operation (I strong arm it myself) but you will save yourself some scratches in the ol gel-coat if you get rubber coated chain. You only need about 10'.
BUT your windlass might require non-coated chain or you maybe looking to go with all chain...I duuno. We don't have them fancy windlasses on pontoons. :)
Good luck.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks, I plan to stick with all chain. Just was hoping to add to eat I have instead of having to buy that length too.

Return to “Boater Tech Swap”