Patch Houseboat Roof

A forum for you to ask and answer any Boat related technical question

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Buzzy
Contributor

Patch Houseboat Roof

Post by Buzzy »

Have a small crack in the roof of the boat. Where can I get a small amount of material to fix it?
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Re: Patch Houseboat Roof

Post by RELAX »

Hey Buzzy,

I assume your houseboat roof deck is made of gellcoat or similar materials.

I recommend you grind out the crack with some sort of tool (like a rotozip) then fill the hole with a product called sea-tex. Follow the directions regarding surface prep. It comes as a white mix but if the crack is small most wont notice it, but if it is a large one sea-tex has a color palate you can order to match up the color of your deck.

If it is aluminum seems you can just weld it then paint over it.

Hope this helps.

Oh yea you can get sea-tex from West Marine or Defender.com
Buzzy
Contributor

Post by Buzzy »

I've got a similar product called marine tex. It's a 2 part mix. Think I'll give it a try.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I have a couple minor gel coat cracks at a cleat... ahh heck I better let someone else do it... LOL I always make things look worse in the (nice, smooth, and finished) department. Maybe I can sucker Relax into doing mine... LOL
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

Mr. Hillman,

I am sure we can come to terms some how. :ymdevil: I can stop by the house and have a look sometime to see what you need. :D
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I'm just kidding, you are busy enough. Maybe this fall I will drop it off somewhere around Somerset or Jamestown.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.

Return to “Boater Tech Swap”