Sid Bell Falls - 2002

Want to post some random pics of non Lake Cumberland or even Kentucky events or scenery? Here is a spot to do it!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MPII

Sid Bell Falls - 2002

Post by MPII »

Is it me, or does the water seem different these days? I started looking back at old photos for this thread and noticed the water sure looked a lot cleaner back then?
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Sid Bell Falls - 2002

Post by E_ »

I have yet to make it to the falls ever so LC is gonna have to jump in on this one...
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

It was dirty one day back there one day this Summer and the next day some folks were back there and said it was much cleaner. I think it has a lot to do with it being so shallow back there with the lake being down. It was cleaner back there when the lake was up and the kids were jumping off the cliffs next to the falls.
gumby
Contributor

Post by gumby »

There's definitely a difference now compared to back then. My first time coming down was right around '94. Back then, I could count the hair on my toes when floating in the water pretty much everywhere we went (mostly western end and in otter/beaver). Now, I'm lucky to be able to count my toes. :(
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

I think Sid Bell falls is quite a bit murkier than it used to be, but I really think it is the water level and the dirt banks, when the water is higher the bank is more rocky. We went back when the water was up earlier this year and it was pretty clear. Last time we were there, the water was low and pretty murky.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

June 2011
012.JPG
012.JPG (61.51 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

That's an awesome picture LC! B-)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “Random Pics of whatever”