...and the rain came tumbling down...

Want to post some random pics of non Lake Cumberland or even Kentucky events or scenery? Here is a spot to do it!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

...and the rain came tumbling down...

Post by E_ »

Whew, lots of rain today. If I followed turn around don't drown I would not have made it to work today as all my routes were covered. Now I did have a mid sized car in front of me today that I was really questioning if she/he was nuts or just stupid. Not only because of the depth of the water and speed of it but also because of how fast they would hit the water sometimes. Gas engines generally don't like getting water up on them...

Anyone got any flood pics? I saw plenty of it but with the slower pace was not really able to stop and take pics.
If this don't let up I'll have some from my trip home for sure but hopefully it will end and it will all go down.

The stuff I have here is BEFORE the real heavy stuff made it.

Some Quicktime vids from the cell (can't really make much out of them)
0412110718a.3g2
(132.2 KiB) Downloaded 1491 times
0412110722a.3g2
(453.6 KiB) Downloaded 1497 times

And a couple crappy pics. lol Just too much rain to take them without stopping.

You normally can't see this stream and it is 50' away inside a 6' embankment.
0412110721b (Custom).jpg
0412110721b (Custom).jpg (54.96 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
What looks like a river over to the right coming around to the road is a small creek that much of the year is only a trickle if it has any water.
0412110722a (Custom).jpg
0412110722a (Custom).jpg (51.07 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
jpeg_reencoded (Custom).jpg
jpeg_reencoded (Custom).jpg (51.2 KiB) Viewed 2704 times

I would hate to be travelling that road around 9-10am today.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: ...and the rain came tumbling down...

Post by E_ »

PS, I think it is hilarious that we only had a 30% chance of rain. The whole state got drenched.
Attachments
8daylivestream_full.jpg
8daylivestream_full.jpg (170.25 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
E_
Site Admin

Re: ...and the rain came tumbling down...

Post by E_ »

Other pic/s linked from the net

Vid from Morehead, KY http://www.lex18.com/player/?video_id=14522

Return to “Random Pics of whatever”