One heck of an impact

Post pics of other places and events you have attended in Kentucky!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Forum rules
no RATED X pictures!
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

One heck of an impact

Post by Fall Creek »

This is a picture of my friends pontoon. We "hit" something on our local lake and it just peeled that toon open. I have never seen anything like this... So we hauled a$$ back to the marina and pulled it out of the water. It took us a while to find someone with a trailer to pull it out but it never "sank". Question: Anyone know if toons have baffels in them or are they completely hollow?
pontoon.jpg
pontoon.jpg (143.67 KiB) Viewed 4414 times
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: One heck of an impact

Post by E_ »

I did a few searches and what I found out was:

Some have baffles, some have foam, some are hollow straight through.

Go here http://www.pontoonhouseboatodyssey.com/ ... s_101.html and scroll down to "Pontoon Design"
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Re: One heck of an impact

Post by MarineAssist »

I have raised sunken pontoons in the past.

Most pontoons are open all the way. Some of them have a separate compartment for the very front V shaped part. Most of the ones with U shaped logs are foam filled, but they get heavy over time.

As long as a pontoon does not have a hole in the TOP of it where air can escape, they will float with a hole in the bottom. Same concept as a Hydro Hoist. When you vent the air out the top, they sink.

Return to “Pictures Pictures Pictures”