Fun On the Boat

Post pics of other places and events you have attended in Kentucky!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Forum rules
no RATED X pictures!
MPII

Fun On the Boat

Post by MPII »

So, attached is a photo that I thought I would share. It is myself in the top right, my friend, MAO on the top left, Jeanna (Waterhottie on LC.COM) and my friend Paul. Both Paul and Mao had never been down with us before and had an awesome time! Every time I see this photo I crack up! (RedNeckYachtClub) is driving.

boat all.jpg
boat all.jpg (38.15 KiB) Viewed 7697 times
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
MPII

Re: Fun On the Boat

Post by MPII »

Since I'm sharing photos.....Here's a photo of the Lake House I grew up in. Parent's bought in the early 80's and fixed is up. I got my first Eastwing Hammer working on the deck, siding, dock, etc. My Dad, Brother, and I did all the work ourselves. Windows, Deck, Dock, Doors, siding, floors, etc. It is at a little lake called "Buckeye Lake, Ohio". There used to be an amusement park on the water with a dance hall. Frank Sinatra played there amongst a bunch of other extremely talented acts. The guy that owned all the property died his name of John Carlin (no relation) and the area completely deteriorated. It since has come back. The Roller Coaster actually went out over the water. It had to close when the coaster literally came off the tracks and fell in the lake! I have so many fond memories of that lake even though its man made to fees the Ohio Canal System and averages only about 5-8 feet deep. Lots of props lost!!!! But we had so much fun out there!!!! My mother remembers, going to the Crystal Ballroom for dancing.

The house is the one in the middle with the wooden arch above the middle doors. 6 Bedrooms. Built in the early 1900's.

My Cousins lived right next door on the right. We had a blast! This is where I first started boating.
Lakehouse.jpg
Lakehouse.jpg (66.4 KiB) Viewed 7694 times
Character is not what you do or say when everyone is watching you, its what you do and say when no one else is around.
MPII

Post by MPII »

Here are some More Photos
arial-view-park-700w.jpg
arial-view-park-700w.jpg (67.04 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
You can see in the middle of the photo, one of only 2 remaining natural floating Bogs (marshes) in the u.s.
park-entrance-1956-700w.jpg
park-entrance-1956-700w.jpg (39.71 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

AWESOME STUFF MPII! Keep it coming. Maybe now that she is a member here you can get Waterhottie to share some of her wonderful photography with us as well.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
MPII

Post by MPII »

Here's a photo of my boat tied up at State. We went to listen to the band and enjoy some cool one's with the gang.
State Dock.jpg
State Dock.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 7687 times
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

ok E, you asked for it so now your gonna get it. A pic from my most recent trip to the lake. Use caution when scrolling down! :-O
New pic, less disturbing but very funny
DSCN4164.JPG
DSCN4164.JPG (720.16 KiB) Viewed 7675 times
Last edited by Fall Creek on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fall Creek
Better Member

Post by Fall Creek »

That's a really neat old pic of the roller coaster going out into the water. It would have been fun to ride!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Well Fall Creek, that might be a little to much information............. =)) :)) =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

OMG! WTF, just poked my eyes out with my inkpen.
Fall Creek
Better Member

Post by Fall Creek »

Hey, you said you wanted more pics so I gave you one and there's plenty more of those.
I feel the need to explain that picture. I am having a birthday party at the lake over poker run weekend and I am making an itinerary for my guests. I needed some pictures to put on it so I took a couple special ones last time I was at the lake. Y the speedo? Well, whenever my buddy Ben and I go on a trip somewhere we take our speedo's along, get drunk and make an a$$ out of ourselves. The locals in Jamacia really loved us last year! So anyway if you are planning on being at Harmon on Saturday of poker run be prepared because you are gonna see a show for sure! I will be removing my photo now!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I could most likely find that in my temp internet files lol
Fall Creek
Better Member

Post by Fall Creek »

I didn't want to leave it up to long... that was a very incriminating photo, at least the second one doesn't show my face :-)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Well crapola, I missed Fall Creek's photo, but I bet I have seen plenty more like it! lol ;) :ymsick:

MPII, those are indeed awesome photos to have! Yes, please keep them coming if ya got'em. Love the "older days" photos of boating. :) :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Ahhh...good ole Buckeye Swamp. Have some memories there too! Copper Penny, Blue Goose.....Especially loved the ski loop(not)! The main one we let ski there was the son-in-law...thought sure he'd snag the family jewels on one of the numerous stumps! No sich luck.... :D #:-s

I grew up in Granville so I mighta done some heavy breathin' around the lake! :-o :-o
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

RE3, was that last sentence TMI? lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

What's wrong wif joggin', you dirty minded Hutterite! :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
MPII

Post by MPII »

re3too wrote:Ahhh...good ole Buckeye Swamp. Have some memories there too! Copper Penny, Blue Goose.....Especially loved the ski loop(not)! The main one we let ski there was the son-in-law...thought sure he'd snag the family jewels on one of the numerous stumps! No sich luck.... :D #:-s

I grew up in Granville so I mighta done some heavy breathin' around the lake! :-o :-o
Yea, we always called it "Buckeye Ocean" I remember the Blue Goose well! Cooper Penny - That's where RedNeck broke the skag off his outdrive. Walt's Landing, Mitty's, Island House, Club 51 (now Papa Boos). Oh, the memories. It was always good because if you fell off skies or tube, you could just stand up!

Return to “Pictures Pictures Pictures”