Huntin Season...

Post pics of other places and events you have attended in Kentucky!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Forum rules
no RATED X pictures!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Huntin Season...

Post by E_ »

11-14-2009
11-14-2009 13pt buck2.jpg
11-14-2009 13pt buck2.jpg (116.71 KiB) Viewed 7343 times
11-14-2009 13pt buck.jpg
11-14-2009 13pt buck.jpg (101.37 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
1114091207a.jpg
1114091207a.jpg (440.89 KiB) Viewed 7343 times
1114091730a.jpg
1114091730a.jpg (298.2 KiB) Viewed 7343 times

1114091730a 8pt.jpg
1114091730a 8pt.jpg (8.93 KiB) Viewed 7343 times
Attachments
11-14-2009 13pt buck2.jpg
11-14-2009 13pt buck2.jpg (116.71 KiB) Viewed 7343 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: Huntin Season...

Post by FasterThanYou »

Nice kill! One shot? What rifle are you using and what rounds? Where did you take him and how much did he dress?

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
DMS

Post by DMS »

A neck shot? Nice buck E.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

It was two shots to the neck. I always prefer the heart but all I could see was his neck and head so I went for the neck. One of the rounds blew a hold bigger than your fist from front to back, the other was about a 1" hole.

I did not weigh him but I can tell you it was heck for me and my father to put him on the front of the four wheeler. I would guess around 150 dressed.

30.06 with 180/220 grain is my preference in the woods, I stagger the rounds. Out west for the 400+ yard shots I use 150 grain.

Took him to a place in the middle of no where in Harrison County owned by Wayne Northcutt. He keeps his place very clean and his price is very reasonable. I have not cut one of my own up in 7 years or so after i found him. I called a place in Scott county just because it is near to the farm and they wanted $100 to skin and process.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

$100? d@mn, the last one I took was $35 for processing and extra for sausage. That's been about seven years ago.

MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

BAD E!!!! X( =((
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

I say fire away. I don't hunt, or even own a gun. But I'll say again this yr, they need to have a season or two without limits. More and more cars are colliding and more and more people are getting hurt in these collisions. Can someone explain to me why there are limits with this current over population problem we have??? Maybe kdfw911 can shead some light. Every yr I'm seeing more and more dead on the side of the road.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

___ this year people can go back and get two more doe tags for $15 and I think they can just keep buying them.... This is for hunting zones 1-3 which covers 90% of the state. Dad was really on me this weekend to shoot a doe because of the overpopulation issue.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

That's a bunch of crap. Should be the other way around. Hand out prizes for who gets the most. =)) I know it will never happen that way but just a thought. :D
DMS

Post by DMS »

_____ wrote:I say fire away. I don't hunt, or even own a gun. But I'll say again this yr, they need to have a season or two without limits. More and more cars are colliding and more and more people are getting hurt in these collisions. Can someone explain to me why there are limits with this current over population problem we have??? Maybe kdfw911 can shead some light. Every yr I'm seeing more and more dead on the side of the road.
Fact; I have hit,or been hit by 9 deer and only shot 3. Several years ago me and the daughter was coming from Russell Spgs. Christmas parade and hit two at once.Tore the whole doghouse off. Silver lining...never had to tell her to put on her seat belt again.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Wow 9. That's by far the most I've heard one person hitting. I hit one dead square at 55 mph. Almost totaled my 92 Silverado. The crazy thing is it got up and ran off. It couldn't have made it too before becoming buzzard food.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

I don't know if they work or not but I've been lucky. I've kept the deer whistle things on my trucks and have yet to hit one (knock on wood).

The company I worked for in the 90s was always having problems with all the company vehicles hitting deer. They put the whistles on all of the vehicles and quit hitting them.

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Dad is always telling me to try those. I have not had a issue (maybe loud radio music.. lol) except for on my Bike Friday night. I got pretty darn close to one that jumped out in front of me while I was running 80... YESH!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

FasterThanYou wrote:I don't know if they work or not but I've been lucky. I've kept the deer whistle things on my trucks and have yet to hit one (knock on wood).

The company I worked for in the 90s was always having problems with all the company vehicles hitting deer. They put the whistles on all of the vehicles and quit hitting them.
Those things get mixed reviews. I've had several clients hit dear with and without them. So I guess it's a toss up. IMO the faster you are traveling the better they work.

Return to “Pictures Pictures Pictures”