4-22-2012 Possibly E's last run on Goin Tarpless

Post your Lake Cumberland Pictures here!!!!! NON Rated X pictures that is!!!! Had a good trip? Start a new thread/topic with your trip pics... Start a thread for everyone to post their summer pics, Took a neat fall or winter cruise? Post some pics!!!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Forum rules
No Rated X Pics. No embarassing pics of someone that would not want them posted. You are responsible for what you post. Any pics could be deleted randomly.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

4-22-2012 Possibly E's last run on Goin Tarpless

Post by E_ »

Goin Tarpless 4-22-2012 Trip.JPG
Goin Tarpless 4-22-2012 Trip.JPG (85.11 KiB) Viewed 19258 times
VID_20120422_150733.3gp
(7.96 MiB) Downloaded 16277 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: 4-22-2012 Possilbly E's last run on Goin Tarpless

Post by E_ »

heading out
VID_20120422_150258.3gp
(6.92 MiB) Downloaded 16271 times
Grider Hill
Grider Hill
IMG_20120422_142447 (Medium).jpg (55.08 KiB) Viewed 19249 times
Who says we don't have water, 150' and saw much deeper while heading from Indian Creek to Beaver Creeek in main lake
Who says we don't have water, 150' and saw much deeper while heading from Indian Creek to Beaver Creeek in main lake
IMG_20120422_142932 (Medium).jpg (58.81 KiB) Viewed 19249 times

Possible location of Rowena Marina?
Possible location of Rowena Marina?
IMG_20120422_143646 (Medium).jpg (80.81 KiB) Viewed 19249 times
Heading into Beaver/Otter Creek to head to Beaver Creek Marina
Heading into Beaver/Otter Creek to head to Beaver Creek Marina
IMG_20120422_144249 (Medium).jpg (59.3 KiB) Viewed 19249 times
Beaver Creek Marina
Beaver Creek Marina
IMG_20120422_154922 (Medium).jpg (55.67 KiB) Viewed 19249 times
Sid Belle, aka Family, aka Little Falls? In Otter creek
Sid Belle, aka Family, aka Little Falls? In Otter creek
IMG_20120422_151007-1 (Medium).jpg (110.74 KiB) Viewed 19249 times
Heading back into main lake from Beaver/Otter Creek
Heading back into main lake from Beaver/Otter Creek
IMG_20120422_152156 (Medium).jpg (55.15 KiB) Viewed 19249 times
Coming back in to State Dock / Jamestown Marina Harbor
Coming back in to State Dock / Jamestown Marina Harbor
IMG_20120422_162911-1 (Medium).jpg (54.22 KiB) Viewed 19249 times

idiling back in
idiling back in
IMG_20120422_163429 (Medium).jpg (78.02 KiB) Viewed 19249 times
E_
Site Admin

Re: 4-22-2012 Possilbly E's last run on Goin Tarpless

Post by E_ »

I'll post more tomorrow if I get a chance. Don't feel like messing with it tonight. lol I b worn out.
E_
Site Admin

Re: 4-22-2012 Possibly E's last run on Goin Tarpless

Post by E_ »

ps, I have a real good dumbarse ramp story. And yep it is about me... lol I can tell you a truck in 3rd gear will move about 20' in the time it took me to take the trip around the Western lake area... #-o Guys that were at the ramp the whole time never saw it move. Lucklily no one was parked right behind it. Big ID 10 T moment as I normally have it in first gear AND the brake engaged. I guess first time out this year for me and boat, in a hurry as launching alone, and being at a ramp I have never launched at before got the better of me. =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ L-) #:-s
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Glad all turned out okay. Nice pictures!
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

Great pics E! and yes that parking brake is an important thing to remember!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Or at least the right gear, The way this 6 speed runs the gears it throws me off bit. It is nothing like a Chevy or Ford 6 speed layout.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Great pictures E.
I'm sure the last run on "Goin Tarpless" was a bitter sweet moment.
Just keep lookin for that new boat, Man. You'll make some good memories on her too.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks Waterwings, here are a couple more pics.
Goin Tarpless leaving Leesburg KY 4-22-2012.jpg
Goin Tarpless leaving Leesburg KY 4-22-2012.jpg (3.44 KiB) Viewed 19202 times
Goin Tarpless at Jamestown Marina ramp getting ready to head out 4-22-2012.jpg
Goin Tarpless at Jamestown Marina ramp getting ready to head out 4-22-2012.jpg (120.77 KiB) Viewed 19202 times
State Dock 4-22-2012.jpg
State Dock 4-22-2012.jpg (68.85 KiB) Viewed 19202 times
Lake Cumberland2 4-22-2012.jpg
Lake Cumberland2 4-22-2012.jpg (66.87 KiB) Viewed 19202 times
Lake Cumberland 4-22-2012.jpg
Lake Cumberland 4-22-2012.jpg (51.79 KiB) Viewed 19202 times
Dam2 4-22-2012.jpg
Dam2 4-22-2012.jpg (56.75 KiB) Viewed 19202 times
Dam 4-22-2012.jpg
Dam 4-22-2012.jpg (67.87 KiB) Viewed 19202 times
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

Not sure if this is what your looking for or not E but it sounds like it. only 200 hrs! If the link doesn't work let me know. :-?
http://www.spendaday.com/pre_owned_deta ... eh=2472882
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, I just was looking at that one online earlier today.
E_
Site Admin

Decisions Decisions... lol

Post by E_ »

Here are some of the ones I am looking at:

Image ;)

Wonder how ugly a spot it leaves if you take the Radar arch off...

Don't think this one comes with trailer though and puts me out of price range...
crwky

Post by crwky »

Was all that for a test drive? If that is the way Don does sea trials I may need to test some boats out when the weather gets better.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nooooo, that was just for my last romp. The possible test drive is Saturday morning.
crwky

Post by crwky »

Both Wellcrafts look real nice I'm just not a volvo fan but that's just me. I've always had the black stuff and never had a problem out of all the boats I've had. You know what they say once you go black you never go back..............
crwky

Post by crwky »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Nooooo, that was just for my last romp. The possible test drive is Saturday morning.
You are brave, crazy or just don't want to sell. If I had a boat sold I would have never done that! You were just asking for it.
[-X [-X [-X
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Like I said, Don did a good job with a unmotivated seller. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

This is kinda my search range right now.
http://www.boattrader.com/search-result ... Price:ASC/
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Fall Creek wrote:Not sure if this is what your looking for or not E but it sounds like it. only 200 hrs! If the link doesn't work let me know. :-?
http://www.spendaday.com/pre_owned_deta ... eh=2472882
Sooo, would you take this one over a Bayliner 2655 that is a year or two newer?

I spoke to them and the photos are not dull, the gel coat is actually that dull :( It would take a really good buff job. I just REALLY like those Bayliner windows is why I am sooo stuck on the 2655. They look like they would not feel like you were down in a cave. Does anyone know about the radar arch? Is that something that could be removed and would it leave large ugly hole or do they have caps for that?

I was preparted to make a move on the green tarped Bayliner in the pics above but the guy will not work with me on the price at all. I was fine with his price when he was going to take my Bayliner on trade because of the deal but now that it is out of the way I feel he should have more wiggle room.

Why can't Don just do all of this for me for free? lol :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

No opinions on that vs a 2655? (Where are you guys today and can someone go kick RE3 into gear?)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I guess Marine Assist might be out giving the prospective buyer a test drive...
VID_20120422_141755.3gp
(7.79 MiB) Downloaded 16115 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Got e-mail from Marine Assist, boat is gone. He has check in hand. Someone find me a replacement soon!
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

Congrats E I think you'll like the cruiser life except for the trips to the gas pumps. As long as I'm not in a big hurry mine doesn't do to bad. When I first bought it I went from Conley to the falls and back on plane and used 100 gallons of fuel, a $420 trip. Haven't been on many fast trips lately. Rarely make it past Shinbone or White Oak any more except an occasional lazy river ride to Harmon
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

crwky wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote:Nooooo, that was just for my last romp. The possible test drive is Saturday morning.
You are brave, crazy or just don't want to sell. If I had a boat sold I would have never done that! You were just asking for it.
[-X [-X [-X
Just read this and I got to agree with crwky, I once sold a dirt bike and took it out for one last ride, the guy ended up with a bike with a fresh top end rebuild.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Got e-mail from Marine Assist, boat is gone. He has check in hand. Someone find me a replacement soon!

I got just the boat for ya!

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Naaa,I always see people flipping in the ones with the plastic seats. I'll be on one of those on the Elkhorn the weekend after the spring forum party.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Great pics and videos E, felt right at home. I'll be going pretty much the exact same places this upcoming weekend, time for my Stingray to get wet for the 1st time 2012...I know it will be difficult to find the perfect replacement/upgrade but between the 2 sites, someone somewhere can give you the advice you need and ask for and the right boat will pop up. Best of luck boat hunting to you-- I feel your pain, I've been browsing the boattrader pretty often for the past few years. Prices on new w/warranty have forced me to start looking at used with fingers crossed and possibility of driving long distances just for test drive and getting let down, as you did.....I'm very very thankful to this site and LC.com as well, being in the same boat as you-- wanting to upgrade--y'all are full of lotsa great info with a little bit of b.s. too!
Happy camper and happy boater!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

speakin of BS, where is $pare and Re3? lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I have only been boatless for a week and a half now. And it freakin seems like a couple months (during time when I normally would not be out on the boat yet anyway).
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Guess I should finish off this thread with this pic of the boat I ended up with
Boat anchored at Shinbone.  ...sorry it is a bit of a mess as we had been doing some swimming and there were jackets, towels, etc. everywhere.  Plus I let you all get a glimpse of the Yamaha in action.
Boat anchored at Shinbone. ...sorry it is a bit of a mess as we had been doing some swimming and there were jackets, towels, etc. everywhere. Plus I let you all get a glimpse of the Yamaha in action.
IMG_20120824_161040 (Medium).jpg (60.63 KiB) Viewed 18703 times
Fall Forum Party 2012 Islander, LC, E
Fall Forum Party 2012 Islander, LC, E
Yacht clubb.JPG (143.88 KiB) Viewed 18703 times

Return to “Pictures Pictures Pictures”