More pics from Olde Burnside

Post your Lake Cumberland Pictures here!!!!! NON Rated X pictures that is!!!! Had a good trip? Start a new thread/topic with your trip pics... Start a thread for everyone to post their summer pics, Took a neat fall or winter cruise? Post some pics!!!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Forum rules
No Rated X Pics. No embarassing pics of someone that would not want them posted. You are responsible for what you post. Any pics could be deleted randomly.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

More pics from Olde Burnside

Post by E_ »

This is from Ye "Olde Burnside" Facebook page
Dam news.jpg
Dam news.jpg (151.71 KiB) Viewed 7946 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: More pics from Olde Burnside

Post by E_ »

Sorry, this is a big pic but I wanted to post it in its full size.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 566&type=1

From Harlan on Olde Burnside
Olde Burnside FB group Harlan Ogle posted photo of burnside.jpg
Olde Burnside FB group Harlan Ogle posted photo of burnside.jpg (300.49 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Another
Olde Burnside FB group Harlan Ogle posted photo of burnside2.jpg
Olde Burnside FB group Harlan Ogle posted photo of burnside2.jpg (253.01 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Harlan Ogle is full of great pics today!
Olde Burnside FB group Harlan Ogle posted photo of burnside 3 Burnside Marina.jpg
Olde Burnside FB group Harlan Ogle posted photo of burnside 3 Burnside Marina.jpg (255.23 KiB) Viewed 7926 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

_20150325_074105.JPG
_20150325_074105.JPG (76.6 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
Attachments
FB_IMG_1427282653458.jpg
FB_IMG_1427282653458.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 7908 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Olde Burnside - Harlan Ogle.png
Olde Burnside - Harlan Ogle.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 7907 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Olde Burnside  - Sharon Walden Edens share.jpg
Olde Burnside - Sharon Walden Edens share.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 7878 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Wow a arch on the east end as well.
Attachments
Olde Burnside Arch.png
Olde Burnside Arch.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 7835 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Directions from Somerset: Take US 27 south for 21 miles, turn right (west) on KY 927 and follow the signs for 2 miles.

Directions from Whitley City: Take US 27 north for 5 miles, turn left (west) onto KY 927. Follow the signs for 2 miles.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//36.841 ... a=!3m1!1e3
36.840969, -84.512329
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/dbnf/spec ... rdb5345523

Natural Arch Scenic Area

Area Status: Open
This area is Open

Natural Arch Scenic Area

The Natural Arch Scenic Area, located on Stearns Ranger District, is a great place to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. The main attraction is a spectacular sandstone arch that spans nearly 100 feet. An overlook provides visitors with a panoramic view of the arch.

Picnic sites, group picnic shelters, playgrounds and hiking trails provide year-round enjoyment. The amphitheater and group picnic shelters may be reserved for special events.

Natural Arch Scenic Area Guide and Map

Trails: Natural Arch Trail #510 (1 mile)
Buffalo Canyon Trail #508 (5 miles)
Panoramic View Trail #528 (0.5 mile)

At a Glance

Operational Hours:
Day-use area only. Open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Overnight use and camping are prohibited.

Reservations:
The amphitheater and two group picnic shelters may be reserved. Unless rented, these facilities are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call the Stearns Ranger District at 606-376-5323 for more information.

Area Amenities:
Accessible,Fee charged for some activities,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water

Fees
A fee is required to use this site. You may pay at onsite or purchase a pass from a local vendor or at the Stearns District office. Free use is available with an Interagency Pass, which must be visibly displayed.

The amphitheater and two group picnic shelters are available for rent at $25/day each.

Recreation Schedule and Fees

Purchasing a pass

Open Season:
Open all year

Usage:
Heavy

Restrictions:
Trails are for hiking and day-use only.

Closest Towns:
Whitley City

Water:
Drinking water available

Restroom:
Accessible vault toilets

Operated By:
U. S. Forest Service

Information Center:
Stearns Ranger District|
3320 US 27 North
Whitley City, KY 42653
606-376-5323

General Information
General Notes:
Special Events
In a rustic setting, the amphitheater will accommodate up to 300 people. The covered stage is equipped with electrical hookups for audio and visual equipment.

Commercial events and groups of 75 people or more require a special-use permit from the U.S. Forest Service. These permits take time to process, so plan ahead when organizing an event that may require a permit.

The amphitheater is available on a first-come, first-served basis unless posted as reserved. You may rent the facility up to one year in advance.

Contact the Stearns Ranger District office for more information at 606-376-5323.

Directions:
Take US 27 south from Somerset for 21 miles. Turn right on KY 927 and follow the signs for 2 miles.

Accessibility:
The picnic sites, upper shelter, main overlook, amphitheater, restrooms and most pathways are accessible.

Parking:
Parking is available at the scenic area, picnic shelters and amphitheater.

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

If you look at this page McCreary has several arches listed
http://bigsouthforkcountry.com/mccreary.html
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Burnside.png
Burnside.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 7823 times

Return to “Pictures Pictures Pictures”