Rockhouse

Post your Lake Cumberland Pictures here!!!!! NON Rated X pictures that is!!!! Had a good trip? Start a new thread/topic with your trip pics... Start a thread for everyone to post their summer pics, Took a neat fall or winter cruise? Post some pics!!!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Forum rules
No Rated X Pics. No embarassing pics of someone that would not want them posted. You are responsible for what you post. Any pics could be deleted randomly.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Rockhouse

Post by E_ »

Not sure if these should be here or in the General KY forum but ahh heck it is close enough to the lake...

My father in law took J and I to the rock house yesterday. I never realized from the pics I had seen how big it really was... Hopefully the pic I took of J and her dad from up on the embankment on one of the sides gives you an idea (and I was not even close to the ceiling where I was...

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/ ... 081531.mp4

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
DMS

Re: Rockhouse

Post by DMS »

You was just miles from us... here what it looked like last year with the water up. FYI Shotter711 took us on a horseback ride OVER the Rockhouse. Very little room for error.Image
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

We know, that is why we turned the engine off as we rolled by... =))

Anyway thanks for the flood pic it means a lot now after being there. I don't think I would live down that way without a helicopter on my roof.

Here are some more shots from the LakeHouse Area

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

My dad used to take us to Rockhouse several times a year, I don't think I've been there in 15 yrs. Now seeing the pictures its a definite "must do again" on my list for next year! Thanks for the pics E!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
San
Contributor

Post by San »

My favorite rockhouse pic is from one of our first "road trip dates"...."Our".. meaning Lakevue and San...also known as Dansan from LC.com in case some of you don't know us. Anyway it was taken in Aug 05. We love the river bottom area and enjoy a trip to rockhouse now and then.I would love to look in some of the old buildings in Creelsboro.
Attachments
rock house 001 (Medium).jpg
rock house 001 (Medium).jpg (117.4 KiB) Viewed 10643 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

San wrote:I would love to look in some of the old buildings in Creelsboro.
ME TOO! Maybe Denmark can get us the hookup... LOL
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Nice pictures guys!

Where exactly is this place?
Heard of several places called "Rockhouse" in Eastern KY but never saw one as spectacular as this.
Lake Cumberland area somewhere?

Of course, there's several natural rock bridges like this around Natural Bridge State Park but if you hike a lot through the Red River Gorge area into Menifee, Owen and Rowan counties there are several that very few people know about.
lakevu52
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by lakevu52 »

We usually go south 127 toward the dam,turn right on 55,turn left on 1058,go about a mile and turn left on 379,by Union Chapel School. It's pretty much down hill from here toward the river bottom.When you get to Creelsboro you need to turn left,still hwy.379. You will pass Bell's Harbor on left,then pass where the road is over a big bluff overlooking the river.At this point you're about there.The Rockhouse will be on the left,about a half mile.I think there is a sign where you turn down a short gravel road.It's a great road trip!!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

All I know is that we took some road out of Russell SPrings and then made a turn off and then we ended up in Creelsboro. From there we turned right on the road San turned left on... :)) (no outlet) And then down that road in the river bottom a ways and then to the rockhouse on the left.
DMS

Post by DMS »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
San wrote:I would love to look in some of the old buildings in Creelsboro.
ME TOO! Maybe Denmark can get us the hookup... LOL
The big store and bank were tore down a couple of years ago. Shooter711's aunt and first cousin own most of Creelsboro including the old bldg in the pic with the 379/1058 sign. He has many old photos of there and surrounding area, We will try to get posted (you will like the one of buzzard cave).
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

SWEET!
Shooter711

Post by Shooter711 »

This is taken from inside Buzzard Cave. This is just down river, and up hill, from Rockhouse.
Last edited by Shooter711 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shooter711

Post by Shooter711 »

Way down!
badluck
Marina/Ramp: Halcomb's Landing and/or State Dock

Post by badluck »

We try and visit at least once a year.....

Where is this "Buzzard Cave" located? Also, it would be neat to see the old pictures of the bank.... Everytime we drive by, we say that it would be really neat to have those fixed up similar to how they were back then.... :)
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

Well E, those are great Pictures for sure. I spent Thursday in that area and Loved the valley along the river. I went over to the new Wall mart Thursday morning, Had Lunch at the HardScratch, a must ! and then on South to the Rockhouse area. Thanks for sharing and I will be sure to take the Grandchildren back this next summer!!!

PS. E. Looking at the 1st. picture ? did they serve Two Turkeys for Thanksgiving or is it just your Sweater ?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Nope, I just keep getting bigger... I started back with the Dojo last month so maybe that will help. I hope I can trim it down without cutting out on my weekend bourbon... LOL
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

Hehehe, Hope You do better than Me E. I started Before Thanksgiving to loose 10 Lbs. Now I am Up 10 :-o

Hmmmm, Just drink more Bourbon I guess X(
DMS

Post by DMS »

Fred Thrasher print

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

I love the Fred Thrasher prints, do you have pics of the other season's prints too? I have one, but wish I had the whole set!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
DMS

Post by DMS »

BTW the snow print "The Old Rockhouse" is now valued at $500. Orig. price $40

Fred W. Thrasher was born in Clinton County, Kentucky in 1938, and lived in Albany, Ky. until he married. Then he moved to Indiana in 1960. After seven years of employment there, he moved back to his home town and went into business for himself.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here are GPS directions that I posted on LC.com

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=36.990 ... 1=36.99820...

This is from the turn off onto the new 127 bypass in between Russell Springs and Jamestown

You can change the starting point to whereever you want and delete the first item if you want.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hey KDFWR, share your rock house pic here as well!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

My yahoo link appears to be broken, here is a fresh google one https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rock+ ... 873cc503e3
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Return to “Pictures Pictures Pictures”