WE ARE BACK UP!

Moderator: E_

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

WE ARE BACK UP!

Post by E_ »

:ymapplause: Well the forum is back up for now. I went in and deleted some files and that fixed it. Seems to me that our "Unlimited" space has a limit and when I cleared up some space all was good. I just happened to notice some filespace errors in filezilla and so I deleted a old forum update folder that was quite large and BOOM, the forum started working instantly.

I still have a ticket in to yahoo! X(

I guess they have until 6am tomorrow to get back with me. They better not test it and see it is working and think all is good. [-(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: WE ARE BACK UP!

Post by FasterThanYou »

Hooray!!!!

File size and server space are one reason I tend to link pics instead of uploading them to the server.

Attaboy!

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

It should not matter, I got the unlimited file space plan...

Oh and here is a little song my brother wrote back in the early 80s that I think fits my message for the Yahoo Guys

http://www.lakecumberlandboaters.com/fi ... ients6.mp3
jpatton
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Whatever ramp E_HILLMAN decides to put in at...LOL

Post by jpatton »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Oh and here is a little song my brother wrote back in the early 80s that I think fits my message for the Yahoo Guys

http://www.lakecumberlandboaters.com/fi ... ients6.mp3
:ymapplause:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

--- On Thu, 5/27/10, Yahoo! Web Hosting <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: General troubleshooting (KMM26381420V68144L0KM)
To: e_hilllman
Date: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 6:25 AM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Small Business Support.

We understand that you are having issues with accessing your website.

The situation you describe has been resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.
Please be assured that we'll do our best to prevent such problems in the
future.

If you continue to experience the problem, or if we can be of assistance
in another matter, please let us know by replying to this email. If you
can describe, in as much detail as possible, the problem you are having,
any steps you take leading up to it, how frequently it occurs, and the
exact text of any error messages you receive, it will help us to provide
a solution more quickly.

Please do not hesitate to reply if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ram

Yahoo! Small Business Support
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

d@mn dude that was ugly. Had withdrawal! :-w
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hrmph, seems like yahoo be messin up again today. Just a FYI I do have another forum up and running on another provider (blueHost). It is ready for me to transfer the data from this one to it and I might do some testing with that in the next couple of weeks. Once I do the switch over we might have to use the EricHillman.net address for a couple of days to access the forum while the lakecumberlandboaters.com etc. addresses are forwarded correctly.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Attaboy! Hopefully blueHost is more stable. One question though - Will that keep the dirty Cardinal and Buckeye fans off the server since it's BLUE? :D

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Back up from this mornings outage

--- On Mon, 4/25/11, Bluehost Support Team <[email protected]> wrote:

> From: Bluehost Support Team <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [#YHF-68110-513] Contact me: Other
> To: e_hillman
> Date: Monday, April 25, 2011, 11:14 AM
> Hello E,
>
> I apologize for the trouble you're experiencing. Your
> account is located on a home disk that is currently
> undergoing a rebuild from a mirrored disk. Unfortunately
> this takes a bit of time to complete--however your data is
> safe, and we anticipate it finishing up here in the next
> 30-60 minutes. I apologize for any inconvenience.
>
> If you have any further questions please let us know.
>
> Thank you,
> Chad
> Level II Tech Support Engineer
> BlueHost.com
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Not happy that we went down again within a week. For two years Bluehost has been great and still compared to other services they are one of the best but the reason I went with them is that these things are not supposed to happen. Here is their answer.

"We have had a transformer blow and cut off power to a section of our data center.

The servers are not damaged but we are now moving them to a location with more consistent power so that we can get your sites backup and running as soon as possible.

We do not have an official ETA but I would guess from what I see the admins doing and how they're moving the servers that it should be around one or two hours and everything should be back.

"
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Grrrrr, this past month has felt a lot like Yahoo web hosting! X(

Couldn't even get to their help center to log a ticket tonight. In fact this site is back up but their help link is still crappin out.

By the way if you see the forum down feel free to try to get to it http://www.bluehost.com/cgi/help and log a ticket if you want. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sorry guys, Bluehosed has really been screwing up again the past week. I just hate to go through moving the site again but may have to if they don't get things straight.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Soooo Sorry about all the downtime. Bluehost is REALLY messing up. :( ...embarrassing. But not much I can do about it other than migrate the entire site once again..

I did submit a inquiry to http://www.ihatedowntime.com/?ref=a3pkw as they claim to have a hosting company with less downtime and they claim to perform the migration.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Back up! Bluehost had a major outage today. Even their main page was down. If you are not already there and you have facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/58577325800/ and we will keep you updated if/when it happens again. ;-)

At least that was the first downtime we have had in a looooooong time. :-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Back from the grave. Bluehost admin figured out a folder that was not restored. Site came back up looking odd to me, found I needed to go back and change my preference to subsilver...

Hopefully there is not anything else missing but they are looking into it.

Very aggravating to have been down this long all at once and that they LOST data. Long term data at that. Not just a post or two that were made right before the site dropped but folders/files that have been here ever since moving to Bluehost.

Also its BS my ticket didn't really get anything done. I finally had to call in, sit on hold and get a person on the phone with me.

If you see sporadic outages over the next few hours/day it might be from them restoring more items.
E_
Site Admin

Planned Outage

Post by E_ »

Scheduled Maintenance On The Server Hosting
Friday, February 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Dear E,

Tomorrow night, beginning between the hours of 8 PM - 4 AM MST, we will be performing a kernel update on your server. We estimate the outage to be approximately 15-30 minutes. During this time, your email, website and account will not be accessible. This updated kernel brings a number of significant enhancements in all aspects of the kernel, the integral part of which the rest of the Operating System relies upon. You can read more about the changes in this kernel at http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_3.4.

We apologize that we cannot give you an exact time-frame between these 8 hours as to when you will experience the downtime due to the number of additional servers we will be performing this update on as well.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this planned outage, please contact support

Return to “Forum News”