Having trouble staying logged in

Moderator: E_

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Having trouble staying logged in

Post by E_ »

If you are having trouble staying logged in and being able to post read this. Send me a message if it works or doesn't if you have been having troubles.

I got a tip from the PHBB forum about the logon issue. Give it a try again for me as I made a security setting change.

(ps clear your cache first then close your browser and reopen the forum and see how it works for ya)
Re: Login problem
by dodo5000 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:52 pm
furious23 wrote:
But when i shutoff "Check Browser-Type for better security", then it works!
me too
thank you for the solution
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Having trouble staying logged in

Post by E_ »

If this is still a problem for any of you let me know via
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=15492
E_
Site Admin

Re: Having trouble staying logged in

Post by E_ »

Ok, just tried another setting for to those having trouble staying logged in. I just set the following:

Session IP validation:
Determines how much of the users IP is used to validate a session; All compares the complete address, A.B.C the first x.x.x, A.B the first x.x, None disables checking. On IPv6 addresses A.B.C compares the first 4 blocks and A.B the first 3 blocks. All A.B.C A.B NoneValidate browser:
Enables browser validation for each session improving security. Yes No

It was set to ALL but now I have set it to AB. I am thinking this is the issue for some of you that visit the forum from networks that the IP changes.

ALSO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BROWSER IS SET TO ALLOW COOKIES at least from this forum. Also if you browser is set to delete history etc. when you close it that will cause you to have to log in again too. That is something I can not control from my end however as that is your computer settings. Please test and if you are still having trouble send me a message to the link above. If you do not respond I will assume it is working.

Return to “Forum News”