BIG OUTTAGE LAST NIGHT/THIS AM

Moderator: E_

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

BIG OUTTAGE LAST NIGHT/THIS AM

Post by E_ »

Well it all started with the SQL errors and I thought it was our database. I did the normal fixes etc and would get things running just to see it go down again... Finally I got it back to working one more time and had been having trouble in the past remembering the database password so I changed it. Well me not understanding PHB and SQL databases very well at that point successfully took the forum down myself. I put a call into yahoo last last night only to talk to some dude in India that I told what i did to try to resolve the issue and then to have him tell me to do what I told him I just did ARG!

Anyway while I was logging my service ticket to have capatain wonderful call me I started a forum restore from one of the backups I had done while fixing the forum. THAT restore took HOURS (I don't know how many because I went to bed finally) any way when the forum is in restore mode I can not change passwords etc. again.

Anyway while looking in the service ticket area I also found a notification
Open System Status MessagesDate
System Status Message
... Read More
11/18/09 07:02 PM PST: Latency And Database Errors

Some users may experience latency while accessing their web sites.

Some database-driven websites may also display “Error establishing a database connection” or similar database connectivity errors.

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating.
that said Yahoo was having latency issues and it then listed the error message we had yesterday afternoon as what it could cause! SO BASICALLY it was them all along and that sucked me into f-ing things up worse... lol

This AM I logged in for a sec while watching the news and got no where but when I got to work I spent 20 minutes before clockin in for the day reading up on PHBB.

Luckily I found here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 85&start=0

which lead me to here
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p11155715

which lead me to here
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/rebuild ... gphp-file/

and that is how I fixed it. WHEW!!

Now for your enjoyment is some of the stuff from facebook for people like ___ that do not use it and missed out on my melt down...lol

10 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
if it is you must have banned me.... ... lol
10 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
...annnnnd back down
9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
It was up! THERE IS PROOF! I POSTED! lol
9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
how would I know, I can't see it!
9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
I really thing it is yahoo running slow and the database is giving up because I keep seeing things like:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Got error 134 from storage engine [1030]
... Read More
SQL

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT s.session_ip) as num_guests FROM phpbb_sessions s WHERE s.session_user_id = 1 AND s.session_time >= 1258600920

BACKTRACE

9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
DO not run the fix right now!
9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
I can't even get to the instructions to run it! Its in my lcb.com messages

9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
this has to be getting pretty frustrating for you! is there anywhere else to host the site? if that is a stupid question just remember that Im technologically impaired and it wouldn't be nice to laugh at me.... lol
9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
There are other places but it is a pain in the arse to move. And there is no gurantee they are better. I am not a web person. Never was I am a systems person. I know Visual Basic, Visual C++, Cobal, RPG, etc. etc. and I know hardware, firmware, etc. NOT html or sql so YES it drives me nuts.
9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
Ok Up again, going to try to back it up
Disk usage: 0.0 MB
Last backup: 11/19/2009 03:30 AM GMT
Last restore: 11/13/2009 02:19 PM GMT
Last repair: 11/19/2009 03:34 AM GMT ... Read More

9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
try to not use it as I might try running the fix tables as well after this backup.
9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
okay, guess its time we double your salary! Consider it a Christmas bonus!
9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
#*#&$#()*$&@#)(*&$)(#*&$)(&! cAN YOU SEE IT. AHHH I am getting some kind of password crap!
9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
want me to try to acces it and see what happens? I havent tried as you were running the fix tables

9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
Go ahead and try. I think somewhere there is a password messed up.
9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
it wont let me on, just tried....
9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
ANd the errors earlier WERE caused by yahoo I found this on their site after all the work and making it work on my own before I screwed up and changed a password that screwed up the site.
11/18/09 07:02 PM PST: Latency And Database Errors

Some users may experience latency while accessing their web sites.

Some database-driven websites may also display “Error establishing a database connection” or similar database connectivity errors.

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating.

9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
Im lost, I haven't changed any PW's but I can't access the forum

9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
ITS NOT YOU
9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
well you dont have to yell, lol

9 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
Well I need to be up for work in a few hours and this is driving me nuts
9 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
well I hope I made you laugh! I'm sorry I can't help you!
8 hours ago · Delete

LC Addict
here's the message Im getting
Return to index page General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Access denied for user 'E_HILLMAN'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [1045]... Read More

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
7 hours ago · Delete
___________________________________________________________________________________

E_HILLMAN
search.php?search_id=active_topics Was up but now has a password issue ARGH! See status just before this one for details.8 hours ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (5)Hide Feedback (5)

E_HILLMAN
I am on the phone with someone from India that I tell what I did and then they tell me to do that... LOL GEEZ!
8 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
It may be down all day tomorrow and I am sorry if I don't have time to fool with it but I may just need to hang up the phone with yahoo india and get some sleep for work tomorrow.
8 hours ago · Delete

Bubbles
well i sure as heck wouldn't lose any sleep over it. and just think of all the crap you won't have to put up with if it''s down....LOL
8 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
VERY good point Karen.
8 hours ago · Delete

E_HILLMAN
But I have already lost almost an hour. Gotta wait for a unnneeded retore to happen before I can do more and it is delayed because of "latency issues" which was the cause of all of this to begin with and if yahoo had notified me none of this would have happened anyway. :-(
8 hours ago · Delete
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: BIG OUTTAGE LAST NIGHT/THIS AM

Post by E_ »

Ok guys, it looks like there are still MAJOR slowness "Latency" issues... So bear with us. Try to hit the submit button only once.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

I've noticed a huge delay in hitting the submit button lately. Glad you got it back up and running.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Very quick on the submit that time though. :ymhug:

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well it happened again but at least we did not lose a month.. lol

I did have to restore us to Sunday however... #-o

Return to “Forum News”