theives in faubush

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Hwk11
I posted something! WooHoo!

theives in faubush

Post by Hwk11 »

posted this on the other site so i thought id post it here as well. if ya live close.. you could be a victem

Just got back from the Lake. when we got there friday night discovered that we had been broken in to..
theives took a window out of the trailer got the Keys to the garage stole two 4 wheelers two chain saws and a 22 rifle that belonged to my Dad.
Lucky for us one of the quads had a fouled plug and stalled. so they pushed it over the hill and the Sherriff found it.
every thing else is gone.
Sheffiff got a print off the window so hopefully something happens.
First thing that comes to mind is revenge because we know who it is, but were going to let the law handle it first. because they know where we are and have way more time to damage our stuff than we can down there to watch it.
the neighbors are watching closer too.
we are putting cameras up too....

I dont know their names but they live on valley circle back in burton subdivision..
when you see a shack sitting next to a burnt out house you will know it. dirt floors leadin in.. chickens in cages in front.. the rest of the family lives on the other side of the road in a trailer with a deck with no rail in front overlookin the shack.

i think they drive a blue s-10 pick up with something writtin on the back window.
in red shoe polish ..

just in case anyone happens to see it..
the missing quad is a Green Yamaha Kodiak (2 wheel drive) with isp shiny alum rims.. "dont see many 2 wheel drive quads with a big wheel kit.
and if someone was to look under..it has a screw on copper colored cap where you drain the oil...(stripped the threads) so we had to do something. its fixed with j-b weld.

chain saws are a stihl 18 bar in a plactic case with a wire handle..plastic one broke off. other is a craftsman.. the missing rifle is a marlin 22 semi. barrel loader with a crossman scope.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: theives in faubush

Post by E_ »

Geez man, I will forward this to those I know in the Area to keep an eye out for ya.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Hwk11
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by Hwk11 »

thanks man!..
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Unfortunately, this seems to be an ongoing problem all around the lake. Our travel trailer that we keep in the campground at Grider was a target this past winter. They tried to break in through the doors but the deadbolts stopped them. Our windows are high enough and small enough that breaking them would do no good since they probably couldn't get their lazy a$$es thru them! They did take the straps and covers off the battery containers but were disappointed because we remove the batteries for the winter (course they had to throw the covers and straps into the woods so we could play hide and seek). So they then decided to take our firewood that was stacked under the deck. I was surprised because they actually had to do some work to get it. Hope it kept someyoung child warm this winter but I kinda doubt it.

I don't know what the solution is. If you have lake property that is empty part of the time, it is a target. Sorrry it happened to you, Hawk. :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

That just sux for both of ya.

Hopefully, the police/sheriff can take the info and get something done. Problem is, there's probably another scumbag that's going to do the same thing. :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue:

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers

Return to “News”