Boat chase on Cumberland June 2017

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Boat chase on Cumberland June 2017

Post by E_ »

This got a lot of interest on our FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/5857732 ... 131685801/ so I figured I'd document here too
http://www.lex18.com/story/35743801/pol ... boat-chase - video story here

Police: Russell County Boater Lead Police On Boat Chase

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 8:49 AM EDT

Updated: Jun 25, 2017 8:49 AM EDT
14226327_G.jpg
14226327_G.jpg (30.36 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
RUSSELL COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) -- One man is behind bars this morning after police say he led them on a boat chase on Lake Cumberland.
Police say 25-year-old Kyle Matthews, failed to observe a no wake zone and met four other boats head on. That's when police say Matthews took off at a high speed, prompting a chase from fish and wildlife officials.

During the chase, officials say he hit the officers' patrol boat before taking off again. The chase went on for over an hour before police were able to get Matthews into custody.

He's currently being held in the Russell County Detention Center on a number of charges including seven counts of wanton endangerment.

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Boat chase on Cumberland June 2017

Post by E_ »

Attachments
Charges.png
Charges.png (323.77 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Boat chase on Cumberland June 2017

Post by re3too »

From what I've read, it seems he was drunk at FishTales. Methinks I would have tried to see that he never got back in the boat. Unfortunately, IMHO this impairment on the lake is to be expected. I pray no innocent bystanders get hurt. And what a lessons for children.... :( :(
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “News”