RIP Cumberline :`-(

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

LLK
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: Future State Dock slipholder

RIP Cumberline :`-(

Post by LLK »

It was just posted on lc.com.... ????????????
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: RIP Cumberline????

Post by E_ »

??????

Hopefully it is a bad joke. I do not look at his site much anymore but as I have said before I always wanted our sites to get along just as we did with the BTN site. I hope all is well for him and this is just some BS by some pot stirrer.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Oh Lord. :(

It appears this may be legit.
http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum/vie ... ?tid=23329

My thoughts and prayers to all those that knew him and to his team of mods.
San
Contributor

Post by San »

I am wondering, the one that posted this used his "Jerry Gibson" name, not his real name. He hasn't been online for a few days though. Hoping it isnt so.
San
Contributor

Post by San »

The thread just disappeared off the LC.Com forum
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

AS far as I knew that was his name

Registrant:
Lake Cumberland Directory
Jerry Gibson
2461 US 127 South
Russell Springs, KY 42642
US
+1.2708666400 (FAX) +1.2708664022
San
Contributor

Post by San »

Well, we certainly could be wrong there, we thought his real name was David Davenport.. Anyway, we are hoping it is not true. There is no obit for either name on the local radio station yet.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

:|
Last edited by Pac22 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
San
Contributor

Post by San »

I was wrong on the name and the very sad truth is that it is true according to Cap Bob.
crwky

Post by crwky »

It was posted by WKYM which was a registered member sence 02 and has been online all morning.

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... =1#pid3007
San
Contributor

Post by San »

So sorry, I was checking the obits online of WJRS,very sad news.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

It has been confirmed by Captain Bob. I know that has to hurt for him to report such news.

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=23331
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Man that sucks. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Chillin said it best. He is responsible for creating some of the best friendships I have. Even though we didn't always see eye to eye, he is going to be missed dearly.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

It is sad news and reminds us all how short life can be. We all need to take a look at our lifestyles and take better care of ourselves......
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
DMS

Post by DMS »

Copied from Laker Country.com

Russell Springs Man Known In Many States For Reporting, Promoting Lake Cumberland Has Died
Thursday, March 26, 2007 -- A Russell Springs man known regionally for his reporting and known in many states for his promotion of Lake Cumberland through a very popular lake-related website has died. Jerry Gibson, co-founder and the technical guru behind lakecumberland.com was found dead in his apartment in the Middletown community of Russell Springs just after 9:00 p.m. Wednesday. Gibson was 57. Gibson was found by members of the Russell Springs Police Department after close friend and business partner Dave Davenport requested authorities conduct a "welfare check" on Gibson after numerous attempts to contact Gibson were unsuccessful. According to Russell County Coroner Larry Skaggs, Gibson was last heard from Tuesday afternoon. Skaggs says "foul play" is not suspected in Gibson's death however a determination on the cause will not be made until the results of toxicology reports are final which normally take 3 to 4 weeks to complete. According to Davenport, Gibson worked many years at The Wayne County Outlok and was also part of starting The Pulaski County Weekly newspaper in Somerset. Davenport said that at one point, because of his computer expertise, Gibson was assisting about half of the state's newspapers with installing and maintaining computer systems, including The Times Journal newspaper. Davenport and Gibson created the first website dedicated to promoting Lake Cumberland and the region and went on-line with lakecumberland.com some 10 years ago. That website is likely the most popular website relating to Lake Cumberland, having nearly 4,000 registered users from more than a dozen states. Funeral arrangements for Jerry Gibson are incomplete at this time but will be announced later by the Marvin S. Hicks Funeral Home in Monticello.

http://lakercountry.com/newspage.php?su ... om=&ucat=2&

RIP Cumberline
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Awful news, may he rest in peace.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

So sad. He was a wealth of information and will be missed. And, like ___ said, he was pretty much responsible for a ton of great friendships I've made over the past several years.

RIP Jerry!
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

San wrote:Well, we certainly could be wrong there, we thought his real name was David Davenport.. Anyway, we are hoping it is not true. There is no obit for either name on the local radio station yet.
Jerry worked for David Davenport Maintaining a Local reality web site for him so that is maybe how the names got confused in the beginning !!

Our prayers to all
Last edited by Dolphin on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Re: RIP Cumberline :`-(

Post by Pac22 »

Regardless of who owned it. Without Jerry it will never be the same.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Its not really proper for us to talk about who owned what but instead we should stay focused on the loss.

However having said that the site was indeed registered to Jerry thus the "site" was his and his alone.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Return to “News”