Boating Accident Injures Three Saturday Night

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Boating Accident Injures Three Saturday Night

Post by E_ »

:( http://lakercountry.com/boating-acciden ... -injuries/
Badddd weekend for the lake. :(
Boating Accident Injures Three Saturday Night, Two Airlifted With Serious Injuries

Posted by Joey on Jun 29, 2014 in Lake Cumberland's Best Country

A Jamestown man was seriously injured when his family’s pontoon was struck late Saturday night on Lake Cumberland.

Sgt. Wayne Glover with the Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife told WJRS NEWS the collision occurred around 10:30 p.m. near the mouth of Beaver & Otter creeks when a 25′ Cobalt boat being operated by Benjamin Dossey of Mt. Washington struck the rear of a pontoon occupied by the James Pettey family and friends.

Sgt. Glover said James Pettey was struck as he was standing near the rear of his boat by the Dossey vessel during the initial impact, knocking Pettey into the water with Dossey and a passenger, Chris Armstrong of Shepersville, ejected into the water as well.

James Pettey and Chris Armstrong sustained the more serious injuries and were both airlifted to the U.K. Medical Center for treatment. Christy Carter, age 23, of Fairdale, was taken by ambulance to the Russell County Hospital for treatment and observation.

James Pettey’s wife Michelle, their daughter Shelbie and two others on the pontoon were not injured.

The investigation into the cause of the accident is ongoing.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Boating Accident Injures Three Saturday Night

Post by E_ »

there is a RUMOR on this one that the pontoon did NOT have their lights on. :-(
E_
Site Admin

Re: Boating Accident Injures Three Saturday Night

Post by E_ »

Info.PNG
Info.PNG (63.38 KiB) Viewed 2205 times

Return to “News”