Burnside area drowning today (ramp temp shut down)

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Burnside area drowning today (ramp temp shut down)

Post by E_ »

According to our facebook page.
Attachments
BHES.JPG
BHES.JPG (31.87 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Re: Burnside area drowning today (ramp temp shut down)

Post by Fall Creek »

terrible
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Video at link
http://www.lex18.com/news/boater-finds- ... umberland/

Boater Finds Body In Lake Cumberland
bdb.JPG
bdb.JPG (58.74 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
Investigators are still trying to identify the man's body that was found in Lake Cumberland in Pulaski County Sunday morning. The body was found by boater Cameron Steiner, who talked with LEX 18 about the startling discovery.

What was supposed to be a fun day on the water quickly took a morbid turn for Steiner, who runs a wake boarding class at Lake Cumberland.

"I had 11 kids in my boat so we were wake boarding, having a good time early morning," said Steiner.

He says it was around 8:30 Sunday morning when he noticed a man trying to get his attention who said he needed help.

"I was flagged down by a fisherman who looked very startled," Steiner told LEX 18.

Steiner says he slowly approached the bottom of the cliff where the fisherman told him he saw the body. When he got there he couldn't believe what he saw, a man floating face down in the water.

"I wanted to see if I could help save this guy but he had been, unfortunately, this guy had already been passed for a while." he said.

Steiner immediately called 9-1-1 and tried to tell other boaters in the area to slow down so the body wouldn't be tampered with. Investigators still don't know who the man is or how he died. According to the coroner, the man appears to be between 25 and 35 years old and believes the man might have fallen off the cliff. But, he says all of the wounds on the body make it hard to determine.

"Where we had found him there was about a 200 foot stone cliff like straight up, and I believe he had fallen off that," said Steiner.

Investigators hope to get a better idea on what caused the man's death and who he is after the coroner gets preliminary results from the autopsy Monday.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

http://www.lex18.com/news/body-found-in ... dentified/

2 hours 57 minutes ago

Body Found In Lake Cumberland Identified

The Pulaski County coroner has identified a body found in Lake Cumberland Sunday.

The coroner has identified the victim as Justin Shelton, 32. He says Shelton lives in the area. The coroner says he has not completed the autopsy and released no information on the cause of death.

A boater found the body floating in the water at the base of a cliff Sunday morning.

Return to “News”