HACKED

News only pertaining to Lake Cumberland

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Captain Bob
Better Member

HACKED

Post by Captain Bob »

LC.com site as well as the LC.com Forum have been hacked. The Wizard is already working on it.
Wednesday 12/11/13 8:30 pm EDT

You are welcome to try it but all you will get is some Iranian dude complaining about the service he got at Wal-Mart. Or maybe, it's the new ObamaCare site... ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: HACKED

Post by re3too »

I thought 9/11 had finally flipped his lid! :D :ymsmug:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

I just went there to check things out...weird! Glad the wizard is doing his magic. :)
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

Bad news is that the LC.com site is not up yet - but it's coming.
Good news is that the Forum is up and running at: http://www.lakecumberland.com/forum
Wednesday 12/11/13 11:30 pm EST

THANK YOU to E_HILLMAN for allowing me to post this here. Rest assured that the same courtesy will be extended to you if your site ever has a similar experience. Muchas Gracias, Amigo

ADDED: As of 11:40 pm EST the site up and running again.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

You know you are always welcome to. :)

Looks like you can thank this guy.. :(
Don't know what they gained for their supposed peaceful cause by hacking a peaceful site.
Attachments
Hacker.JPG
Hacker.JPG (105.65 KiB) Viewed 4165 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

My guess is this...both lc and this forums source codes are visible...they took it and modfied it..
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

All sites source codes are readily available and visible, it has to be for the browsers to work BUT the security for IDs etc. should be able to keep most from modifying. However NO system is hack proof. Bluehost seems to do a pretty good job at security. However their hardware techs could use a couple classes on uptime.

Here are a could screenshots sent to me of the hack on Lakecumberland.com yesterday.
20131211_230257.jpg
20131211_230257.jpg (50.52 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
IMG955468.png
IMG955468.png (20.45 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

If you have a LakeCumberland.com account and it has the same ID and password as accounts you have elsewhere I STRONGLY suggest you CHANGE your password IMMEDIATELY at all sites it is used.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

My username is very unique at LC.com and my password was assigned to me by a mod because mine stopped working when I was banned for the umpteenth time. I feel somewhat safe they can't crack the code with the info they gained on me from that site...... :ymhug:
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Speaking of hacked, I have to sign in every time I come to this site now......and my password was assigned to me on this site by a moderator because of issues in the past.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I think this just means you have issues. Sorry, we can't help ya. lol

Wish I would have never posted the lil tip for people to reset their passwords if they use them elsewhere. GEEEEZZZ that went off in another direction and I only intended that info to be here... What a fluster cluck. Did not mean to stir up anything, just wanted to make sure all stayed safe. Its better safe than sorry.

Read this if you care
http://money.msn.com/identity-theft/how ... words.aspx
•However, other sites, such as an e-mail greeting-card site, an online forum you frequent or an e-commerce site you've shopped at, might not be as well-prepared. So those are the ones I'd work on.
•So, all we have to do now is unleash a password cracker such as THC Hydra on their server with instructions to try, say, 10,000 different user names and passwords (or 100,000 -- whatever makes you happy) as fast as possible.
Test your password (don't use your actual password just in case just do something like of you use a A use a C etc. when you type it if you use a 1 use a 8 etc. etc. but you will get the general idea on how easy it is to break. If you use a common word use another simial common word.
http://howsecureismypassword.net/

This is about what happens when a site is hacked. READ IT.
http://www.businessinsider.com/should-y ... not-2011-6

Other info
http://info.ssl.com/Article.aspx?id=10068

Return to “News”